• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

Have not been able to have a proper look due to work commitments, but I believe the crane is now on site as of yesterday. It was dark this morning on the way to work, but it did not appear I could see Apocalypse over the tree line. Could have been from because of the dark, but what I do know is crane hire is expensive and seeing as they were removing theming at 7:05PM on Sunday, just after the ride was closed, I would take a bet that the removal is now well under way.

They will want the crane in and out as quick as possible to reduce the expensive rental that these things cost. No point hiring a crane and driver, have it arrive on site and then have it sitting around costing money but doing nothing.

Last edited:
Have not been able to have a proper look due to work commitments, but I believe the crane is now on site as of yesterday. It was dark this morning on the way to work, but it did not appear I could see Apocalypse over the tree line. Could have been from because of the dark, but what I do know is crane hire is expensive and seeing as they were removing theming at 7:05PM on Sunday, just after the ride was closed, I would take a bet that the removal is now well under way.

They will want the crane in and out as quick as possible to reduce the expensive rental that these things cost.
Wouldn’t surprise me. Considering they started to dig up the terrain surrounding the station well before the park closed is another indication it was going to be removed quickly. I overheard a staff member say the ride had been sold but I highly doubt that has any truth in it. Only time will tell I suppose.

Screenshot_20221101-121340_Chrome.jpg
Apparently according to their website. The park is open as part of the main season for quite alot of November. This is not true surely?

It also appears you can buy tickets for the dates. Have they extended their main season??

Last edited:
UK theme park food in general is embarrassingly crap, especially when compared to some of the options you get at parks in Europe. The alternatives to burgers, chicken, pizza and chips are always so limited or not event present; it's as if they just assume all guests want to eat highly priced cheap crap.

Apparently there are rumours doing the rounds that Shockwave could be converted to a sit-down in the near future. I would be very disappointed if that happened as the layout isn't that interesting on its own, but the standing position makes it a lot more exciting.

Also, my t-shirt arrived today! Won't get to wear it til Christmas though.

I know shockwave isn’t massively popular and a lot of people find it an uncomfortable ride but making it sit down would take away the one unique thing about it. The layout isn’t really anything special and it’s quite a short ride. I can’t see how giving it sit down trains would help with its popularity, if anything it would harm it in my opinion. Hopefully just a rumour with no truth to it.

New train(s) wouldn’t be a terrible idea, but keep the stand up aspect.