• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

I guess it depends on how easy it is to get hold of spares for the trains. Isn't Shockwave the last of its kind now? It seems they only run one train these days so it's possible the 2nd has been scavenged for parts already

If they need new trains the only real benefit I could see in having them be sit down instead of stand up would be if it meant they could lower the minimum height restriction.
Wasn’t Shockwave briefly a 1.2 ride when it first opened? I’m sure I read that somewhere before. Tried to look it up but the only reference I could find of it was a quick mention of it in a video by Expedition Theme Park Link: around the 6m 50 mark

Anyone going to the zoo day today to see what has happened to Apocalypse so far?
The winter rides line up is open today but no as I work 7am to 5pm Mon to Thursday and Fri 7am to 1pm I have to collect my son from nursery on a Friday before 3 and my daughter don’t get home to about half 3 so it’s too much of a rush so if the weather good I may pop In on Saturday or Sunday afternoon

Last time I went to Drayton Manor the food was pretty poor (with the caveat that I’m a vegan). But the food at Pleasurewood Hills was really good. Clearly a smaller park won’t have as many restaurants and food options as a larger park, and it’s difficult to have table service restaurants at a park that’s only open for lunchtime weekends and school holidays. But for that kind of park, the food is really good.

Hi Folks, Following the request earlier and given the weather wasn't horrendous took advantage of the annual pass and paid a flying visit after picking little lad up from school.

The park was very quiet, almost spookier than any Hallowe'en event in that regard.

This was further heightened by the start of the removal of Apocalypse. The skirt is half removed. Didn't venture too close but did get a couple of photos from the front car on the Accelerator.

On a separate point Loki was operating when we were there which isn't in the list of Winter rides.
IMG-0263.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-0262.jpg
    IMG-0262.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 42
Wow; they’re not messing about, are they?

I must admit, I’ll be quite interested to see how they go about deconstructing the tower itself. I’m struggling to think of a time where I’ve seen a tall, compact ride structure like a drop tower deconstructed…