Drayton Manor Park

joelpagett

TS Member
Was you referring to a tilt coaster being a prototype, because a tilt coaster ia not a prototype. The prototype has been operating since 2002. Two new generations are opening this year. The technology is well tried and tested. 2 decades of operations..

You raise a valid point, I forgot about the previous versions of that coaster - I've seen a fair bit of discussion over the new version but didn't connect the dots.

So yes, it certainly could be within the realm of possibility!

DistortAMG

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Pirates of the Caribbean (DLP)
You raise a valid point, I forgot about the previous versions of that coaster - I've seen a fair bit of discussion over the new version but didn't connect the dots.

So yes, it certainly could be within the realm of possibility!

Even with that I have my doubts. The tilt mechanism takes alot of space. Then you need a lift to the tilt. The site at Drayton isn't big enough for that.

The marketing for Vikings started on the 17th December with the full line up and names revealed on the 18th May 10 days before it opened to the public.
So the new Thomas land ride could open ready for Easter with ground work starting in January.

DistortAMG

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Pirates of the Caribbean (DLP)
The marketing for Vikings started on the 17th December with the full line up and names revealed on the 18th May 10 days before it opened to the public.
So the new Thomas land ride could open ready for Easter with ground work starting in January.

It is not as easy as that. If we have an especially cold or wet winter forcast, they would need to start earlier. To compensate for the conditions that make pouring concrete difficult.

It is not as easy as that. If we have an especially cold or wet winter forcast, they would need to start earlier. To compensate for the conditions that make pouring concrete difficult.
With Thomas land now all open to the 24th December with a couple of mid week closures it’s tough for them to do any work but they will have 5 maybe 6 weeks to Feb half term to dig the foundations and lay the concrete. Then they be closed to the Thomasland weekends start when the kids ride could easily be installed in a week.

I'm guessing they will have to start construction around spring time 2023 with Jan - Mar for ground clearance/ foundation work.. This is presuming the ride will open at the start of the 2024 season.
I think they will do most the work for the 2023 new attractions 1st.
You got to remember when G-Force opened in 2005 the Klondike Gold Mine and the tea cups didn’t close to the end of the 2004 season with a July opening date and with Ben 10 The Sombero ride didn’t close to the end of the 2010 season and Ben 10 opened less than 6 months later on the 21 April 2011.
So I can see this coaster investment been the biggest the park had in 30 years If it’s taking 18 months.

Last edited:

JAperson

TS Member
Found this on Drayton Talks Forum. Credit goes to @Themeparksandy1981

Let's pump it up to 40 folks!
I thought Drayton Talk had closed down? I never joined the original anyway but used to browse on occasion.
Anyway as @rob666 implies this is never going to happen, Pirates Adventure won't come back, it makes no practical, financial or marketing sense and doing so would be silly.
It's just a harmles sbit of fun. Of course it won't make a difference, but what harm is there to signing it?
Signing a petition sticks your name to it, I certainly wouldn't sign it especially if I worked or wanted to work in the industry or at the park itself.

Skyscraper

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
Have a look at the current petition list, on the actual website...the organisation petitions for change in the real world, it isn't there for a bit of fun.
Exactly, it's not called change.org for nothing! Just like the petition to bring the Beast back to the UK a while back, this will also fail.

rob666

TS Member
Four signatures in three whole years...
I won't be holding out much hope here.
Did you realise it was three years old when you posted it up on here?
Flogging a very very dead horse.