• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

I don't think the UK has an actually good water ride any more. Stormforce is enjoyable yes, as I presume is Tiger Rock (only did it pre retheme), Valhalla I've never seen work properly and is entirely unsuited for 99% of the year. None of them are exactly Chiapas are they?

42E13A77-B5EC-4917-A616-C1DC26501F85.jpeg
That photo is really interesting , where did you find it ?

That photo is really interesting , where did you find it ?
It was submitted to Lichfield council under the former owners back in 2017/18 so they could get permission to built on green belt land which was granted in 2019 for 2020 season onwards but they went into administration so the looping group built Vikings on letter K and now building on the Thomas land brand for its 15th birthday.
They also had plans for Lodges granted but the girls death on the rapids back in 2017 put everything on hold but under the looping group 5 year plan they still plan to add them.

Anyway they moved the construction fences further up so Test track could be temporarily staying.
C4588A25-E2FD-485A-8312-F76318FCEF40.jpeg5BC8F44A-FD5B-4357-91C9-933F48FA463A.jpegB049F1E0-99EC-4B3E-9E16-72E8E5CEBA14.jpeg775B3B61-C1AC-43CF-931A-C43D6EB73A90.jpeg
Maelstrom new queue coming on nicely
86B0201B-FE86-44B9-9C30-F325E2B82BB5.jpegE79284E7-D02C-4A5E-9D45-4BE0E3966562.jpegC6D8FE0D-6138-403C-8FD0-78BA39161AD5.jpegA24E4CB4-E364-40BF-BE74-69540B729B61.jpeg
The train carriages have been removed
3B943299-D818-400D-A471-737AECA5758D.jpeg
Also during the last performance of the Christmas show in the 4D cinema a member of staff who was retiring yesterday was pulled onto the stage to join in the last dance.
DCDA3926-4A49-4776-9F35-5E9AC4E3096F.jpeg
I see they changed the storyline in the last 2 weeks and not singing their version of the 12 days of Christmas.

Last edited:
went to the Christmas event yesterday, it was surprisingly quiet for a christmas event. A staff member commented it wasn't worth them opening after Christmas this year and that it had been loss making this year. Thor and Accelarator were closed all day because of the cold weather. The ginger bread decorating was a nice touch this year and I enjoyed that but I missed the fireworks this year. There is nothing left of Apocalypse now except the photo booth. I picked up my part of the theming I reserved in the catalogue too. Needs a clear but looks in good condition otherwise.

Drayton could do with more Christmas theming in thier hotel and market the Christmas event with a stay. That said it's always risky opening this time of year as you're at the mercy of the weather.

yes rides are open until 7pm this week. Though it was so quiet on Saturday (which I was told was busiest day of it so far) that I wouldn't be surprised if they cut those. We had done enough by 5pm with very few queue and the cold and rides closed although I guess now its warmer maybe it will be busier and more rides will be open.

We went today all Thomas land rides closed at half 5 with just the Carousel, Bounty, Accelerator, Jolly Buccaneer and both Vikings rides open to 7pm.
We went to see Santa and the whole experience lasted 35 mins and the gingerbread men was a nice touch and ate it with my hot chocolate.
Didn’t get on any rides to nearly 5pm but got on
Toby’s Tram express
Diesels Locomotive Mayhem
Bertie Bus
Lady’s Carousel
Sodar cars
Winston's Whistlestop Tours
Rocking Bulstrode
Within the last half hour.
No update at the top end of the park but Maelstrom queue line coming on nicely
9199AD1C-09FC-4334-BB79-6D95807F8C0D.jpeg151C25C6-D00B-4ACD-86FB-0747371CAE1D.jpeg
The theming on Excalibur lake don’t look that bad for something that’s been untouched for over 10 years
F4B7630B-B721-4848-B04C-1825A30D62C4.jpeg
Took the train to the Zoo and the gate was open. Is that old Shockwave seats in the skip?
93F130CF-9111-4E4F-8525-D8447E72040F.jpeg

Like a number of others I went yesterday. It may have just been board members there as it was so quiet!!

Was it just me or was the ride length of Thor increased as there were fewer queuing? I counted 7 trips back and forth which went across the hump.

The difference it made to the ride was significant, after two trips I didn't want to consider a third as I felt nauseous. Something I'd never felt on multiple trips before.

I enjoyed the Grotto experience. as did the little lad. The staff all seemed completely on point for this. They did it rather well.

We found the santas show in the 4d cinema to be very amazing. There was only 7 people in our showing and so this made it very personalised. The ginger bread decorating was good too however staff seemed unsure of what they was doing during our session though staff throughout every experience was extremely friendly. We skipped vikings due to my 5 year old only being able to do one ride there for the day however over all it was a very good day. We thought it appeared they upped the amount of bubble snow being distributed in Thomas land which was nice to see and the shows was amazing. My only downside was the absence of the Christmas parade as that was amazing last year although the event this year was extremely good. It’s a strong fan favourite in our house. I just wish that the sweet shop and toy shops offered a wider variety.

I feel the entertainment by the looping group has really been cut back compared to under the Bryan’s.
Like in 2019 it would start at the stage by the Carousel by Rusty and Dusty with Sir Thomas Hatt joining in a sing a long then Mrs Claus and Santa would arrive on the train. Then you make your way to the other stage next 2 fun foods for a Christmas sing along and a snow storm and to end the night a 5 min firework show on the lake.
Last year it was just a sing along with Santa, Mrs Claus, Elf and a Reindeer on the stage by the lake but again ended the evening with a 5 min fireworks event.
Now it’s back on the stage by the Carousel but now it’s a 5 min warm up with 2 elves with light up hula hoops and juggling balls then Santa comes out with Rory and they sing there own version of all I want this Christmas is you while there’s a snow storm and then get everyone to sing we wish you a merry Christmas and then that’s the end of the show.
I feel they need to bring back the ice rink as that was very popular in 2018/19 when we were there.
Also everywhere it listed the rides were closing at half 5 which they did in Thomas land so the remaining rides that were open to 7 must have been running with only 1 or 2 guests on board.