• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

A few more from the archives photos of Drayton Manor Park....
Hard to tell if this first photo is from the main lake, or the Excalibur lake. The whole site was overgrown around this time, so difficult to say.
d-exp_p_d38_3.jpg
d-exp_p_d38_3i.jpg

Next one....

d-exp_p_d38_24.jpg
d-exp_p_d38_24i.jpg

Next one...
d-exp_p_d38_42.jpg
d-exp_p_d38_42i.jpg

Next one....

d-exp_p_d38_43.jpg
d-exp_p_d38_43i.jpg

Next one....d-exp_p_d38_49.jpg
d-exp_p_d38_49i.jpg

Photos from the Express and Star.

Last edited:
I have the most vague memories of the zoo playground. The slide was a giraffe or similar?

I miss the yellow shockwave trains. They’re a core memory for me, as when ever someone mentions Shockwave my brain defaults to remembering a yellow train despite it not being that colour for years. Has it always been a coaster that slams you into the break run as it does now? Seems like it from the video although maybe a bit less violently, it might depend on how much weight is on the train I guess.

It’s kind of mad seeing the old rapids boats, the sides on them seem so low compared to what I’m used to seeing on rapids rides now.

Last edited:
Imagine if DM announce a single rail coaster and it ends up being one of these. To be fair they do look quite fun little rides :sweatsmile:

Looks like a ride built for the Diddy men, only the Ken Dodd fans will get the joke! :p But yeah, looks like a fun kiddy dueling coaster that could fit almost on any park in this country. I could honestly see Lightwater getting it if their family friendly direction works out, but Drayton getting this wouldn't be all that bad.

Looks like a ride built for the Diddy men, only the Ken Dodd fans will get the joke! :p But yeah, looks like a fun kiddy dueling coaster that could fit almost on any park in this country. I could honestly see Lightwater getting it if their family friendly direction works out, but Drayton getting this wouldn't be all that bad.
That's a kids coaster though, so it's kind of out of the question as the park have specifically stated that it will be family-thrill.

They look a perfect way to wind down after a day working in the jam buttie mines of Knotty Ash.

Has it always been a coaster that slams you into the break run as it does now? Seems like it from the video although maybe a bit less violently, it might depend on how much weight is on the train I guess.
Seems like it yeah. Although back then it continued slowly into the station instead of coming to a complete stop, which would have softened the force significantly.

looking back at this video

That was in the area that’s behind the Sodor construction gates and been in the farm area it rarely gets a big queue so they could be moving it back to Thomas land to go with the new ride for the season.
That will free up a lot of land for a zoo expansion if they also remove the building around it.
C3DFD25E-28D1-47B7-9070-624A7F6D3036.png

two rides has been in that spot terrence before it got moved to the zoo and Blue Mountain Engines 2012-2015 when the expansion opened got moved there

I noticed on the website that the Adventure Cove rides ain’t opening to April.

I noticed on the website that the Adventure Cove rides ain’t opening to April.
That's interesting, I'd understand why the rapids might not be open until later but I'm unsure why maelstrom and air race can't be open? Unless they've had maintenance issues? I'd definitely understand that being the case with Shockwave.