• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

Sounds similar to what Thorpe tried a few years ago. Good to see Drayton coming up with all these events, will be interested to see how they are received and what the F&B offerings are.
Will also be interested to see what time operating hours are for this event. And what it’s target audience is, you’d imagine should it go on later than expected it wouldn’t be something that families with younger children aren’t going to stay around too late for. Here’s hoping it’s till 3am with Chemical Brothers headlining.

Will also be interested to see what time operating hours are for this event. And what it’s target audience is, you’d imagine should it go on later than expected it wouldn’t be something that families with younger children aren’t going to stay around too late for. Here’s hoping it’s till 3am with Chemical Brothers headlining.
It’s until 9pm. Day tickets 10.30-9pm and evening tickets available 5-9pm.

Remember kids are off school during this period so 9PM close who be great for families wanting to get more rides and value for money. Drayton are going all out with events this year which is great to see. Just need some news on that new coaster now....

Little kids get to stay up until 9 these days.
Long gone are the days of me being sent up at six on school nights.

Don't think many are kept up till 9pm at a theme park though.

Late night riding makes more sense at the Merlin parks and Blackpool. Not sure it's right for Drayton outside of the fireworks shows of course.

It’s great to see more parks getting a full roster of events in place for the season, as it definitely gives more incentive to return.

This Summer Nights positioning does seem odd though when you consider they are reprofiling themselves as a more family focused park. You of course don’t need to go down the hardened party route like Thorpe have in the past, but having live DJ sets and even using phrases like “Saturday night is party night” coupled with the imagery choices on that advert do seem to target more towards youth and adult groups rather than family, despite the ride lineup clearly shifting the other way.

Like I say, no issue with it and always great to see more events, it just seems like a departure from everything else they’re trying to do at the moment. I hope the park doesn’t find itself having a total identity crisis like Thorpe has for the last decade or so…

It’s great to see more parks getting a full roster of events in place for the season, as it definitely gives more incentive to return.

This Summer Nights positioning does seem odd though when you consider they are reprofiling themselves as a more family focused park. You of course don’t need to go down the hardened party route like Thorpe have in the past, but having live DJ sets and even using phrases like “Saturday night is party night” coupled with the imagery choices on that advert do seem to target more towards youth and adult groups rather than family, despite the ride lineup clearly shifting the other way.

Like I say, no issue with it and always great to see more events, it just seems like a departure from everything else they’re trying to do at the moment. I hope the park doesn’t find itself having a total identity crisis like Thorpe has for the last decade or so…

Great post this. Totally agree.

Great they are trying new stuff but it's very mixed messaging I agree.

When you mention kids we are not just talking 5-6 year olds here it's older kids as well. I really hope they get a couple more thrill rides over the next few years. Nothing too extreme but I think people think family park means anyone with children under 6 and that's not the case at all.

When you mention kids we are not just talking 5-6 year olds here it's older kids as well. I really hope they get a couple more thrill rides over the next few years. Nothing too extreme but I think people think family park means anyone with children under 6 and that's not the case at all.
Next coaster is a family/thrill like Wicker Man and Mandrill Mayhem.

Little kids get to stay up until 9 these days.
Long gone are the days of me being sent up at six on school nights.
My Son who’s 3 goes to bed to 7 with my daughter been 10 going to bed at 8.
Only when we away on holiday my daughter goes to bed later. My son usually starts to flag around 7. Will go this event with my daughter.
It’s Saturday nights only the late night rides. If the park is busy they usually extend hours for guests.

Screenshot_20230203-151654.jpg

if they are really open 10:30 - 9pm all of July and until August 26th that's putting towers to shame
It does say Saturdays only, but still, will be far better hours than Towers have on the same days. Having said that, I am unsure how anyone could spend 10 and a half hours at Drayton Manor! Hopefully the evening tickets prove to be successful for them.

Summer nights

Coronation street party

They are doing heavy on the film/TV events with Grease and a UK soap opera.

I’m not sure how much of a pull these events really have but good to see Drayton pulling out all the stops. They really need some more rides to support. Seems to be a running theme for the UK theme park industry at the moment.