• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

The Python must have been new as there’s no record of it been anywhere before or it going anywhere afterwards so it must have been sold for scrap. It also must have been cheaper to have it custom build with new trains and a themed station as the building and most of the theming was used when it was moved to Fun land Amusement park. Then it was sold to become a travelling coaster with all its theming removed and a new coat of paint and since 2022 it’s been at Serena aventura under the name of Tren Minero.

Last edited:
From those photos it looks like they are doing some tree clearance. Once the heavy machinery moves in I expect the old chip shop to go. I'm also expecting an announcement on the new Thomas land ride very shortly

Great to see work already starting on the 2024 coaster and seems a sizeable site. Also markers have been seen in the area the other-side of the buffalo track nearest apocalypse. Also I am sure their where markings last year the otherside of the Flying Dutchman. I wonder if the ride listed as being move on the 5 year plan is the flying Dutchan, maybe into the Vikings area at the end of the season, allowing more space for the 2024 project as I believe the original plan was also to add a new flat ride (although plans could have changed).

I have seen a few hints now in places that it could indeed be an Intamin project- likely a family launched coaster model. Previously I wouldn’t have expected Intamin due to cost but will be interesting to see what does actually get built over the next year as construction continues.

They got 20 days to do most of the work unto construction walls will have to go up as guests will need to use the toilets and the rides at the top end of the park.
They will do the ground work in this area 1st
15DF6E4B-E0D4-4171-8E37-32994507E504.png
Then when the park is fully open do this area
5571091C-9AFE-4029-B49D-77E3499E3B40.png
They will use the gate next to the Hamilton suite to then enter and exit the construction site.
I wonder if the new Thomas land ride will open on the 1st April.

Technically they do not need to open the toilets at the top end of the park next to the old chippy building. There are toilets just outside of Vikings and staff allow you to use these when in Vikings. If they want to close the whole area off for site work it may be a temporary change.

They got 20 days to do most of the work unto construction walls will have to go up as guests will need to use the toilets and the rides at the top end of the park.
They will do the ground work in this area 1st
15DF6E4B-E0D4-4171-8E37-32994507E504.png
Then when the park is fully open do this area
5571091C-9AFE-4029-B49D-77E3499E3B40.png
They will use the gate next to the Hamilton suite to then enter and exit the construction site.
I wonder if the new Thomas land ride will open on the 1st April.

Why do they have to do it in 20 days, they can and will work while the park is open to the public.

Did you look at the photos posted? Construction fences are already up blocking the area off that they want to block off. You can see the fence still gives access to all the rides in that area and the toilets

Last edited:
Why do they have to do it in 20 days, they can and will work while the park is open to the public.

Did you look at the photos posted? Construction fences are already up blocking the area off that they want to block off. You can see the fence still gives access to all the rides in that area and the toilets
When Apocalypse was been removed they were using the top gate next to drunken barrels to enter and exit the park.

My choice would also be a new generation Intamin launch coaster, similar to the likes we are seeing in Spain, France and Florida. However that doesn’t really fit the bill of Family Thrill, but something like Fonix wouldn’t be out the realms of possibility in my opinion. I’m just hoping it’s not something off the shelf like a free spin. Another great option would be a Vekoma STC or even a small scale Flyer from Vekoma too.

I reckon a Vekoma SFC. Standard off the peg layout.
I’d be disappointed should that be the case, especially with them saying they expect it to be received as one of the best family/thrill coasters in the country. Obviously I understand that’s mostly just Marketing spiel, but one can live it hope of something unique, exciting and worth the hype.