• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

There’s been a lot of rumours circling that it will be an Intamin. Hopefully a Blitz, although I’m not sure if this would be out of their budget.

I am expecting an intamin family launch straddle coaster similar to Juvelin, or same type of coaster with the non straddle cars.

I wouldn’t expect anything higher than 70ft as far as am aware no planning app has gone in and they can build up to that kind of height without a separate application,

I am expecting an intamin family launch straddle coaster similar to Juvelin, or same type of coaster with the non straddle cars.

I wouldn’t expect anything higher than 70ft as far as am aware no planning app has gone in and they can build up to that kind of height without a separate application,
They can go up to 80ft without planning which is why I've always said a ride like formula at Energylandia would be a good fit. Obviously Intamin do similar coasters so I'd be happy with either manufacturers.

I reckon a Vekoma SFC. Standard off the peg layout.
I think this is unlikely, but certainly possible. I think they would've gone for it had Paultons not already got one. I think Drayton might want to go for something with an easily marketable feature. Perhaps something like a family launch coaster.

From: https://twitter.com/DraytonManor/status/1638148499182088192?s=20

So Shockwave hasn’t had new trains as they would have announced it. I wonder if it’s a new train to replace Percy as not seen him this year in use or the other train that goes round adventure cove.

Plans could have changed from when the 5 year plan was put to the local council and been pushed back. If the new coaster turns out to be Intamin it could be we see new a new train on shockwave next year with the park purchasing as part of a deal sign the new coaster, it would also be its 30th anniversary. Saying that it could be any number of rides where replacement ride cars could be planned, and it might not even be shockwave, although that would be an obvious candidate due to its age.

I've just seen some pics of the site being cleared, I'm surprised nobody has superimposed some coaster models over the space to see what fits. I'd be interested to see of they also clear some of the mature trees on the area or if the coaster layout will go round them.

I've just seen some pics of the site being cleared, I'm surprised nobody has superimposed some coaster models over the space to see what fits. I'd be interested to see of they also clear some of the mature trees on the area or if the coaster layout will go round them.

We had a round on the Planet Coaster challenge round last year on it.

As only the zoo is open mid week to the 1st April they should be able to crack on with the clearance work.
I know the footers will come close to Jormungandr last turn.
I do think a sit down tower may join this new coaster for 2024.