• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

Thomas land construction
The model started to be rebuilt. It will look a lot better then when it was in the farm area.
F0FBC734-F6E6-447F-95C5-9DD9A807E353.jpeg
They installing a photo point in Winston’s station
994F60E0-1629-486A-A581-8E5BF3FB49F9.jpeg0B6408A0-3CE3-44D1-B6C8-4E53174A908D.jpeg
The new ride. Spoke to staff and it will be themed to Thomas and Percy.
You will enter the queue in the station building
7FBB9FC7-DE22-41C0-A6DD-25F1B64B225A.jpeg97D8B707-836F-4D8D-A1C6-6870D75E9BC4.jpeg
Been told you will watch a video seeing Percy and Thomas delivering the submarine to the dock.
Then you will join an outside queue which could be the dock area (they may put a cover over it before the enter another building.
766778DF-6E53-4D8E-8B8D-525E3C4DA1A1.jpeg1EE7F189-1518-4678-88B6-B63E5DEF5CCE.jpegD500F2B7-1B34-40E2-AFF1-92F6DCED411F.jpeg
then you will board the submarines and there will be theming all around the ride.
658D9ECD-C920-4DBD-BFE3-4F375C538A16.jpeg

Last edited:
Have the supports definitely been repainted or just jet washed? Looks really good regardless. Drayton have always been good at their closed season maintenance and keeping everything looking fresh.

Trying to crack down what the new Dock/boarding building could be, and there might be a couple possibilities!

In the episode this ride is based on ("The Can-Do Submarine Crew"), the submarine's destination is at Vicarstown (specifically, the little pier on the middle right).

ThomasandPercy'sEggsellentAdventure190.png
Considering the submarine is intended for the Vicarstown Museum of History in the episode (the building next to the station with the green roof), I feel either of these buildings could likely be what the boarding station is being modelled after.

Alternatively, if the ride video is new animation not reusing footage from the episode, the warehouse at Brendam Docks might be a possibility!
SodorShippingCo.BuildingLeft.jpg

TheTigerTrain15.png

Trying to crack down what the new Dock/boarding building could be, and there might be a couple possibilities!

In the episode this ride is based on ("The Can-Do Submarine Crew"), the submarine's destination is at Vicarstown (specifically, the little pier on the middle right).

ThomasandPercy'sEggsellentAdventure190.png
Considering the submarine is intended for the Vicarstown Museum of History in the episode (the building next to the station with the green roof), I feel either of these buildings could likely be what the boarding station is being modelled after.

Alternatively, if the ride video is new animation not reusing footage from the episode, the warehouse at Brendam Docks might be a possibility!
SodorShippingCo.BuildingLeft.jpg

TheTigerTrain15.png
Ugh, looks ugly does Thomas look nowadays. Still, at least it seems to show that the mainland (England) exists in this version in which for some reason even in the model series seemed to try all it could to not include and make the island seem magical.

Plus I don't recall Vicarstown having a tram network...still waiting for the Culdee Fell Railway and the electric railway to Peel Godred to appear but alas I sadly doubt that'll ever happen now. Sorry for going off topic here.

Ugh, looks ugly does Thomas look nowadays. Still, at least it seems to show that the mainland (England) exists in this version in which for some reason even in the model series seemed to try all it could to not include and make the island seem magical.

Plus I don't recall Vicarstown having a tram network...still waiting for the Culdee Fell Railway and the electric railway to Peel Godred to appear but alas I sadly doubt that'll ever happen now. Sorry for going off topic here.
No problem! Fellow Thomas nerd here as well haha

The tram network was a carry-over from when it got introduced in the later CGI era (just a couple years before the Big World series brought about the end of it).
JourneyBeyondSodor15.png
(Fantastic set, though I do love the All Engines Go design having the British shoreline being closer; gives it more of a "border city" feel and looks a bit nicer IMO)

There could always be a possibility; a new location at the start of AEG's run (Cannonball Curve) was confirmed by the first head writer to have been originally written to be Devil's Back and Peel Godred appeared in another later ep in the first season (albiet as a repurposed set due to only appearing in that ep for the season).

There could always be a possibility; a new location at the start of AEG's run (Cannonball Curve) was confirmed by the first head writer to have been originally written to be Devil's Back and Peel Godred appeared in another later ep in the first season (albiet as a repurposed set due to only appearing in that ep for the season).
That would be funny in which after all these years of wanting to see those part of the island after getting to see the miniature railway in the CGI series in which they would take place in this series...it'll feel bittersweet for sure plus if you're a Thomas fan, found this fascinating find of the Thomas bible from 2003 which explains how weird the show went during the HIT era.

But yeah, back on topic. It seems Thomas Land doesn't seem to have anything from AEG yet, not that it doesn't seem to be popular compared to what before though I wonder how long until we see something from that show end up here.

With how much green space Drayton have in regards to car parks, they have wiggle room to work with in regards to park expansion. They could easily close the top car park and use the alter car parks for parking in regards to capacity especially with the Vikings entrance being a prime location. The only limitation would be the proximity of the surrounding neighbouring houses for noise level etc.

That would be funny in which after all these years of wanting to see those part of the island after getting to see the miniature railway in the CGI series in which they would take place in this series...it'll feel bittersweet for sure plus if you're a Thomas fan, found this fascinating find of the Thomas bible from 2003 which explains how weird the show went during the HIT era.
Oooo, I had a read of that! You can check it out here if you wanna see how oddball it was for yourself: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RqjJqIwZs_cA0XKtquZpAkV66Sxb5ciI/edit
But yeah, back on topic. It seems Thomas Land doesn't seem to have anything from AEG yet, not that it doesn't seem to be popular compared to what before though I wonder how long until we see something from that show end up here.
I could personally see them doing an approach similar to the expansions after the park first opened; a full-on AEG retheme wouldn't be viable, but that pocket of the park could be turned into an AEG-centric area. I'd imagine they'll use the AEG characters for that section more so it doesn't clash with the rest of the park.

With how much green space Drayton have in regards to car parks, they have wiggle room to work with in regards to park expansion. They could easily close the top car park and use the alter car parks for parking in regards to capacity especially with the Vikings entrance being a prime location. The only limitation would be the proximity of the surrounding neighbouring houses for noise level etc.
I know Residents that live in Fazeley and the surrounding areas were all invited to the hotel for a presentation about the basics of the coaster plans and future plans for the park at the farm end which I think we seeing now with the Thomas model been moved above Emily’s soft play. Also in the 5 year plan they want to install a Raised walkway between Thomas Land along the railway tracks connecting to Drayton Manor Zoo.
Now I can see all this area used for Thomas’s 20th or 21st birthday celebration 208F7A77-0BE9-4784-963D-4DBEE8513FEE.png
A big dark ride could go down there like this but better.

Also there’s a new Thomas Movie been shown in the 4D cinema this weekend only

From: https://twitter.com/DraytonManor/status/1640365771208503296?s=20

Last edited:
I know Residents that live in Fazeley and the surrounding areas were all invited to the hotel for a presentation about the basics of the coaster plans and future plans for the park at the farm end which I think we seeing now with the Thomas model been moved above Emily’s soft play. Also in the 5 year plan they want to install a Raised walkway between Thomas Land along the railway tracks connecting to Drayton Manor Zoo.
Now I can see all this area used for Thomas’s 20th or 21st birthday celebration 208F7A77-0BE9-4784-963D-4DBEE8513FEE.png
A big dark ride could go down there like this but better.

Oh that would be a fantastic idea! They're doing something similar with the new Mattel Adventure Park's Thomas area in Arizona (Chance Rides is providing the train for their "Adventure Train Treasure Hunt"), so could imagine them using that space to give it Tidmouth Hault a more interesting mini-Thomas area.

Just reading their financial statement year ending September 2022. They say they have already committed to their new attraction for next year. They also say there is a new ride for younger visitors to be announced, which given this is up untill Sept 2022, would be the log flume they are now building.

They then further down say they have 3.3 million commited for rides and plant. Given what they said above, it is safe to assume this is the cost of the hardware for next years coaster. It could include the log flume. Unsure to be fair.

If I have read the financial statement correctly, it is time to start managing expectations for next year.

It is worth nothing however, that the cost for all the ground works and construction have not been factored into that. But even so, 3 million doesn't get you massive amounts of coaster hardware these days. Something half decent if spent correctly though.

It is also worth noting, Vikings cost 7.7 million.

Last edited:
I strongly doubt the capex in their 2022 accounts includes the full spend of the 2024 coaster hardware. Possibly costs of ground work, surveys, ride removal (apocalypse etc) and possibly even a deposit to the manufacturer of the new ride. The full cost? Doubtful. I would imagine contracts also dictate that final payments are due on completion or handover of the ride hardware to the park etc. so I wouldn’t read too much in to it.

I strongly doubt the capex in their 2022 accounts includes the full spend of the 2024 coaster hardware. Possibly costs of ground work, surveys, ride removal (apocalypse etc) and possibly even a deposit to the manufacturer of the new ride. The full cost? Doubtful. I would imagine contracts also dictate that final payments are due on completion or handover of the ride hardware to the park etc. so I wouldn’t read too much in to it.

It specially says "ride hardware and plant"..so yeah, that cost does not include any of the things you mention. Could include the crane and demolition machinery for Apocolypse removal though as that falls under plant. I doubt they had commited to construction equipment at the end of September 2022 though.

In the accounts, they specifically say they have commited to the purchase of next years new ride. That is what it says.

Do you understand buisness commitments? I only ask because your reply suggests you do not.

A commitment to buy is just that..no money exchanging hands. Just that is what they have agreed to give a company. In this case, it is for ride hardware and play machinery only, nothing else what so ever. As it does say that.

In business, when you "commit" you agree to buy something at a set price. You do not actually buy it. You just legally have commited and have agreed a final price in the legally binding commitment.

It then lists the commitments. 3.3 million. A commitment by the way, has absoloutly nothing to do with how they plan to pay for it and when payments are due. They have made a commitment to buy something at an agreed price, that is all. If it is a coaster, the commitment will be the agreed costs for the full ride hardware, which will be track, supports and trains. Nothing else.

Last edited:
I agree with @Johnny_5, the 2024 coaster might have had a deposit paid but I doubt this years financial report has the full cost for that project included as the final payment wouldn’t usually be made until the ride is commissioned which will be in the following financial report.

I agree with @Johnny_5, the 2024 coaster might have had a deposit paid but I doubt this years financial report has the full cost for that project included as the final payment wouldn’t usually be made until the ride is commissioned which will be in the following financial report.

I hope that is the case. But why would they use the word "commited" which has a very specific meaning in buisness terms and this is a buisness related report after all.

I should probably just write a quick note to my boss and tell him my 25+ years working for an international technology company as a director, running their European business unit doesn’t mean anything, as I’ve just been schooled on a theme park forum.

Cool story. Anyone can be whoever they want to be on the Internet.