• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

Although the new coaster looks great , It’s a dmr forum 😂
It is a Drayton Manor topic and I do read the Chessington topic but I see no promise comments on there about the park this season. I also not been for 15 years so I feel I can’t add to the comments where on the other hand at Drayton Manor it’s like my 2nd home and since the park opened for the Feb half term event I been 8 times with the kids.

I'm glad this is finally getting announced as it means the next big announcement should be the new coaster/ themed area. I think they need to get it out there before hardware starts to arrive. Even footers are a dead giveaway these days.

I think it’s great. It’s a nice touch - I like that they’ve used the lake. As has been the case for a while now, Drayton’s socials are great. Despite the stick Drayton continues to get, it’s a park doing all the right things at the moment. Compare and contrast that to Merlin and their UK parks and I can tell you which park I’m most excited for at the moment. Progressive and well planned and managed investment, tidying up and continued maintenance of existing (and aging) hardware and things are looking good. Yes, it might not be the large B&M scale investments or secret weapons and world’s firsts etc - but who cares. Between Drayton and Poulton’s, more power to them and their raising of the game compare this attitude; “let’s make it better to improve guest attendance and enjoyment” to Merlin’s “how bad can we get away with before it starts affecting revenues” and I’m ready to show all the love to Drayton, regardless of what hardware they put in. The British public need to stop taking crap offerings and poor service standards as the norm and demand better. “Worlds first Jumani themed coaster” ffs 🙄

I'm glad this is finally getting announced as it means the next big announcement should be the new coaster/ themed area. I think they need to get it out there before hardware starts to arrive. Even footers are a dead giveaway these days.
Unlikely to happen until atleast after the main season has finished. 99% of guests have no clue or care about manufactures etc. the park have already said they are building a new coaster that’s all that’s needed until they are ready to announce plans during closed season.

What on earth have they done to Harold?!
The AEG series redesigned him a bit :p

Definitely took me by shock myself when he first showed up (especially since Annie and Clarabel kept the embedded face designs), but then I remember how he looked in the CGI era and go "okay, I can see why they did that a bit."
dfnl7zn-c4d895b0-ce21-4dff-8fe7-8659641b4280.png

Also willing to bet the lighthouse is going to be a fiberglass prop they'll be moving onto the site before opening; definitely explains the dirt being cleared at the last update!

Safety Info about the new ride:
  • Parents/Guardians are responsible at all times.
  • All guests must understand that they must remain seated at all times.
  • 1 Adult and 1 Child OR 2 Children per boat.
  • Children under 2 years old are not permitted to ride.
  • Guests must be a minimum of 6 years old to ride unaccompanied.
  • Minimum height of 0.9m.
  • Guests under 1.2m must be accompanied by an adult.
  • Guests must secure all loose items of clothing/property before riding.
  • Bags can be taken on board and stowed in the foot-well or left with a non-rider.
  • Excessively long hair must be tied up.
  • Pushchairs/wheelchairs cannot be taken onto the ride and must be stored outside the ride perimeter.
  • Intoxicated guests are not permitted to ride.
  • Weight limit of 120kg per boat.

Thomas and Percy's Submarine Splash​

Introducing Thomas & Percy’s Submarine Splash. Opening Saturday 29th April

Splash into your very own adventure with exciting twists and turns along the way!

Join the Can-Do Submarine Crew on this brand-new flume ride, perfect for little Thomas & Friends fans!

My child is going to be fumming He is 6 but because he is 1.13 I’ll have to go on with him. I’m sure he will enjoy the ride nonetheless however he’s outgrowing going on things with an adult and opts for the rides he can do independently. Haha

Be one of the first to ride Thomas & Percy's Submarine Splash this weekend!​

Your Exclusive Ride Time!​

This bank holiday weekend, between Saturday 29th April and Monday 1st May, annual passholders will have exclusive access to our brand new ride, Thomas and Percy’s Submarine Splash, between 10am and 11am before the ride opens to the general public.

Just head to the main entrance at 10am and show your annual pass to get access, where you'll be able to park near to the entrance to Thomas Land. You'll also have your chance to ride throughout the rest of the weekend too!

Don't miss this incredible passholder perk!​