• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

Even a launched version of their family spinning model like storm chaser would be great but I do hope they go more thrilling than that. The range of family thrill is really quite vast now! All the way from something like storm chaser up to coasters like Icon or Fonix so it’s really hard to judge just what level it will be. There hasn’t been much mention of a woodie on here either, maybe they’ve seen the success of Wicker Man and want a piece of that pie.

They have the benefit of not having to apply for planning permission which certainly helps with keeping things a secret.

I love the idea of them getting a Mack extreme spinner but not sure if that would be too much ‘thrill’ for what they’re going for this time around although that depends on the layout they go for I suppose. It would certainly be a unique addition in the uk and one that would pull in the crowds.

A woodie would be an amazing addition too. Would look great next to drunken barrels and sheriff showdown, themed in to create a western themed area.

I learnt something new today regarding Mack that is pretty cool, some probably already know this.

See this photo from inside Pirate Adventure.
Pirate-Adventure-07.jpg

The number 8917, is how Mack specifically label their projects. The first two numbers are the year the contracts were signed. The second two numbers are the project number for that year.

I believe Mack label all their projects like this.

So Pirate adventure's contracts for the transit system were signed in 1989, it was the 17th project they had signed that year.

Last edited:
I do not remember that no. I rode it a fair fee times in the 90's too.

Back to this teaser.

Screenshot_20230510_015630_Chrome.jpg

I got from that first clue, right, notes, newspaper, coaster....haven't got a clue.
This is not a teaser for teh coasters theme. It is a teaser for a teaser. It is meant to read "Go to TIk Tok for news about a roller coaster." Sadly there is nothing more to it.

I learnt something new today regarding Mack that is pretty cool, some probably already know this.

See this photo from inside Pirate Adventure.
Pirate-Adventure-07.jpg

The number 8917, is how Mack specifically label their projects. The first two numbers are the year the contracts were signed. In this case. The second two numbers are the project number for that year.

I believe Mack label all their projects like this.

So Pirate adventure's contracts for the transit system were signed in 1989, it was the 17th project they had signed that year.
Was this on the control panel in the station building?

Last week when it was switched on with the late night openings half the sign didn’t light up so I guess they gonna install a new sign to go with the new branding. Only the Zoo is open on the 15th, 16th, 22nd and 23rd May so it could be installed over them dates as after the 23rd May the park isn’t closed again to the 4th September.
They wouldn’t have had to remove it for construction of the new coaster.

Last week when it was switched on with the late night openings half the sign didn’t light up so I guess they gonna install a new sign to go with the new branding. Only the Zoo is open on the 15th, 16th, 22nd and 23rd May so it could be installed over them dates as after the 23rd May the park isn’t closed again to the 4th September.
They wouldn’t have had to remove it for construction of the new coaster.

They could also install it on any evening / night. Asmmuing a new sign is going in it's place. Glad to see it gone to be fair. It was on the chopping block fir quite a while, sped up with the re branding.

It served it's purpose well for the 22 or so years it was there.

No chance it was removed for the coaster. Anything that would not fit through that sign would struggle to navigate UK roads full stop.