• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

Sorry, just no.
Chessington, Chester, Knowlsley and WMSP are far superior zoos, then there are probably a thousand or so zoos worldwide that offer a better experience, for animals as well as humans, than Draytons shoddy zoo.
It needs scrapping now.
I'm not saying it doesn't need work done. It does, a lot really. But replacing it for just another themed area with attractions does kinda narrow the parks offerings in terms of variety. I do think the Zoo needs bigger enclosures though for the animals, that'd a definite. Those are just my thoughts anyway.

I'm not saying it doesn't need work done. It does, a lot really. But replacing it for just another themed area with attractions does kinda narrow the parks offerings in terms of variety. I do think the Zoo needs bigger enclosures though for the animals, that'd a definite. Those are just my thoughts anyway.
Looking at the DM website, quite a few of the animals aren’t endangered or vulnerable so I’d question why they’re being kept in a zoo. To my mind, best place for an animal is in their natural habitat - zoos should only really get involved for conservation/protection reasons, and even then the enclosures need to be big enough and stimulating enough for the animals to have a decent life. If WMSP has the space to offer better quality of life then that seems to me to be the right way to go.

Last time I went into DMP's zoo, which was a few years ago now, one of the enclosures had a sign on it that basically said "yes, we know this is too small but the animal is too old to be relocated so it's staying in this shoe box until it dies, at which point we'll put something smaller in here".
Or rather play the long game if they can't relocate them and wait until most of them have passed on and then use the site for something for the park.

Have to agree with the opinion of removing the Zoo in the long term especially when they have WMSP where they can relocate the animals to. That said they would need a solid plan for the area and the funds to do something with it. I'm not sure more Thomas Land is needed so a new themed area would be best imo.

I'm not sure major Theme Park development would be allowed in the Zoo area as its very close to houses there (you can actually see peoples windows overlooking into the zoo there), I know Terrence is in the zoo but that ride required very little infrastructure (the cars just plug in). I quite like the zoo personally and find it a nice break from the rides especially on a busy day. I'm not an expert on how big the enclosures should be but I guess there must be guidelines/regulations on what sizes are required for specific animals and I know they are improving the zoo.

The looping group will have plans for building Thomas land bigger for its 20th birthday as I’m sure they will renew the IP licence. They got so much area to use if they decide to close at the farm area and seeing the reaction to the new ride themed to the new series of Thomas can see this new area themed to the all engines go series.

Also talking to some park management at the attraction source event today and apparently there's some sort of hint about the coaster on the 'ay you, no peeping' construction sign.

They even said if anyone guesses they would get a free fast track but nobody did, I did ask if it was related to the intamin/mack looking track but they denied.

Also talking to some park management at the attraction source event today and apparently there's some sort of hint about the coaster on the 'ay you, no peeping' construction sign.

They even said if anyone guesses they would get a free fast track but nobody did, I did ask if it was related to the intamin/mack looking track but they denied.
They were all standing by the sign and picked out the 3 letters RMC

The background of the sign gives a wooden feel... Wooden coaster anyone? Would fit the Western theme rumour. And what if the steel track on the edges of the background hinted at a hybrid?

Just wild speculation of course, my money is still on a steel family-thrill multi-launch coaster like Juvelen.

Klondike Gold Mine is coming back. Calling it right now.
I'm well aware your joking but being serious if @John is right with the symbol for gold being the clue, it could see them doing a bit of a World of Fun and having a new coaster pay homage to an original coaster. I think this is unlikely though.

As for what I think the clue is, honestly I have no idea. I'm still really unsure what Drayton might go for here. They're got so many options. Also interesting that they denied the track was mack/intamin looking. Doesn't rule these manafactures out at all, but is still interesting.