• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

The new ride is only 2 months old and it’s already down for maintenance.
82D21D15-7151-471B-B033-632833B75A1D.jpegBEAD4051-07BC-4ED9-99B9-F139831A4AE7.jpeg
First piece of downtime in two months? For a new ride? That's excellent reliability to be fair. He doesn't look happy at having a photo of him being taken.

The water is treated. You can smell it. They may need to adjust their mixtures though.

According to Drayton’s ride availability page, Flying Dutchman is closed until further notice - whereas other closures omit that “until further notice” detail. Are we expecting this to be relocated along with the development work for the new coaster?

There were ground markings a good while ago on the otherside of Flying Dutchman. However they might not have been for the coaster, as could be for utilities.

In the 5 year plan if I remember correctly it mentioned a ride relocation for 2024, so possible make sense they could move Flying Dutchman, maybe moved into the available space in the Vikings area, could be easily be repainted, with some small bits of theming added to fit into the area.

According to Drayton’s ride availability page, Flying Dutchman is closed until further notice - whereas other closures omit that “until further notice” detail. Are we expecting this to be relocated along with the development work for the new coaster?

It was originally set to be unavailable to the 21st June but that date come and the current message was listed instead. They could be waiting on parts.
It was 2025 it listed a ride been relocated and replaced with a new flat ride.

The following rides will be operating 12pm - 4pm between 3rd - 7th July
The Adventure Cove River Rapids
Stormforce 10
The Haunting
Drunken Barrels
Sheriff Showdown
Would that be down to saving money on rides that isn’t as popular and takes a high amount of staff to operate (rapids, Stormforce and the Haunting)

If you are only running one train. You will only need to run 1 train.

Are they having trouble with the trains, Or are they short staffed so cannot run trains? Your post seemed to imply both reasons and non of them at the same time.

If you are only running one train. You will only need to run 1 train.
Are they having trouble with the trains, Or are they short staffed so cannot run trains? Your post seemed to imply both reasons and non of them at the same time.
They been short staffed all season and it’s been very rare it’s ran 2 this season. Today it was busy in Thomas land but still it’s only Thomas that’s running.

Anyway think Footers will be arriving this week as fencing have gone up on the hotel overflow car park.
B3410F11-982F-4BB6-BEC7-7C36DF28B2A3.jpeg5B6F23A9-4542-424B-B4D7-833A0825F618.jpeg9EFCBCB6-DFBB-4993-ADF6-3281F9F8BF75.jpeg

Sorry. If they are running 1 train they will only need to run one track....

But are the other trains actually broke, or running like they are due to staff? Sounds like it could potentially be something else rather than staff.

But are the other trains actually broke, or running like they are due to staff? Sounds like it could potentially be something else rather than staff.

It might be staffing, I think you have quite a lot of hoops to jump through to operate these trains due to the manual nature of their operation and the safety implications.

I imagine with the low pay they often have people leave mid-training.

I asked the staff in the station a couple of weeks ago and was told it was a staffing issue and there wasn’t nothing wrong with Rosie and Percy.
Micheal who retired 3 years ago loved his job and always had time hi five Ings kids and speaking to each carriage while waiting for the other train to load.

Last edited:
I asked the staff in the station a couple of weeks ago and was told it was a staffing issue and there wasn’t nothing wrong with Rosie and Percy.
I mean they're hardly going to tell you if there is, and they may be too junior to know anyway. I think staffing is most likely but it isn't necessarily just that.

I mean they're hardly going to tell you if there is, and they may be too junior to know anyway. I think staffing is most likely but it isn't necessarily just that.
I asked the member of staff who regularly drives the train and there is currently only 3 members of staff who are fully trained to drive the engines. 1 of them is usually the ride break cover staff.