• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

Is there any stand up coasters with a non 1.4m height limit? Both of the ones I have done are 1.4 (Shockwave and Freestyle)
I must admit I don't think there is currently, that I can find. Although there are some allusions to a patent filed by B&M in 2020 for a stand-up model with variable height restrictions.

I'm only bringing up B&M due to the unusual nature of Shockwave's track.

Pre-empting the argument though, was there a 1.2 m Wing Coaster before Mandrill Mayhem?

While Shawn isn't always right, I think he's spot on here, and has been a few times with Drayton rumours.

It also makes sense for the park to leak to someone like him. Free advertising after all.

Has anyone actually got an alternative source that states that Shockwave is definitely becoming a sit-down coaster? I've watched the Sanbrooke interview with Victoria from Drayton Manor a few times now and she never actually comments, confirms, or denies, that Shockwave is going to be sit down. She says that new cars have been ordered and that the height limit will be lowered. It's Sanbrooke that states categorically, in a question, that it's going to be sit down and she just lets it hang there and seemingly avoids it.

All the other reports online, of Shockwave becoming sit-down, seem to rely solely on the TPWW video as their source for the sit-down rumour. Video below is time stamped to the Shockwave section so we can all remind ourselves and pick over it.

From: https://youtu.be/H-ZHUrM3Njo?si=8HkIHbaAgjopnhKQ&t=8m31s

She clearly goes along with and builds on his narrative, suggesting it was confirmed in off camera pre-discussions. Interview could have been articulated slightly better to get her to actually say stand-up was going, but there is nothing to suggest it isn't.

She clearly goes along with and builds on his narrative, suggesting it was confirmed in off camera pre-discussions. Interview could have been articulated slightly better to get her to actually say stand-up was going, but there is nothing to suggest it isn't.
I actually think she's more dodging the point, there's nothing really built on Sanbrooke's comment. She just reiterates new and improved changes, whilst continuing the legacy. It's typical of a PR response when you want to keep some things a bit secret and under-wraps. Also the end of Sanbrooke's question/statement actually refers to the comfort of the ride, and her response seems orientated around that.

As I asked earlier though, does anyone else have another source or is this the only piece where someone mentions sit-down, but most notably not the park?

I assume the B&M trains are comfier that the current stock. The TOGO trains I have ridden were better but they aren't building coasters anymore. Intamin haven't built standup trains for decades and I cant remember anyone like Sun Kid announcing stand up trains. The chances of new stand up trains are very low.

I actually think she's more dodging the point, there's nothing really built on Sanbrooke's comment. She just reiterates new and improved changes, whilst continuing the legacy. It's typical of a PR response when you want to keep some things a bit secret and under-wraps. Also the end of Sanbrooke's question/statement actually refers to the comfort of the ride, and her response seems orientated around that.

As I asked earlier though, does anyone else have another source or is this the only piece where someone mentions sit-down, but most notably not the park?
It's been leaked from the park themselves, but no, there will potentially be nothing more concrete now until the trains are photographed. You will just have to wait and see if you have serious doubts.

I’m not a great fan of Shawn’s content full stop - and this “interview” is a good example of why. Posted and presented as an exclusive and an interview, when Victoria actually gave very little away and has really just used him nicely to drive some traffic and conversation around the park. She doesn’t say sit down trains. She also doesn’t mention anything about the new coaster that wasn’t already in the public domain - and some chance photographs showing shipping labels actually unveiled it as a spinning coaster / at least having a spinning element to it. Shawn is a masterful user of click bait and of the word “exclusive”. I’ve no doubt he’s got a few people relatively in the know about a few things, but in the litigious world we now live in, along with NDA’s and serious penalties of being found to be breaching one, more and more of this “fan site” content is nothing more than recycled news already in the public domain and spurious gossip. It’s why I like Theme Park Review stuff so much. Great POV’s, silly content and just people having fun without having to position themselves as “in the know” or offering “exclusive” content.

If the 4d cinema is being rethemed to fit the new area then I would expect accelerator to be rethemed as well.
Accelerator would need a pretty major retheme and I'm not sure what they could do with it. I always assumed it would be included in the next area they do around pirate adventure building

Sorry for the double post, but on a serious note I remember ages ago I saw something about the construction of shockwave and how they had to alter the shape of the inversion after construction to suite the shape of the stand up trains, obviously they will be smaller trains if they are sit down but curious too see how it rides through the second inversion as the stand up trains now the rows are quite narrow from what I remember?

Construction update.
The Drunken Barrels building from the outside is looking good. Nothing has changed from the inside yet.
FE58D566-7FA0-42F7-8C58-9FEE939DA8D2.jpeg19716D15-9C8A-4854-8B5F-2139E8A7E0BC.jpeg
Can’t believe how much work been done on the site in the last 2 weeks.
62C67CC6-6433-4540-9632-D7F0F977521B.jpegFECD47CC-35AF-4825-882C-2F4DB3D777C4.jpegC0634E03-A19F-48BB-82AD-557D5952BA68.jpegF5BACD15-01C3-4B91-849F-38B595CA50C2.jpegC682C169-0F3A-436F-A1A2-25B9163CA44A.jpegA538F79D-2FD5-4B40-9079-287C7C9D9B0D.jpeg
3765B178-5F90-4DBD-A7D4-ED9D21DDD2FE.jpeg
1FEAEEAE-39E1-410C-9DFA-ADDBB760D78E.jpeg
They’re a few of things gone up in the area.
Also on the Jormungandr site marking have appeared on the ground
EBA0C939-F0F8-4BB8-B869-A92EFBD6B5DF.jpeg
I asked if the 4D cinema has gone and they not sure but the Thomas 4D licence ends this year and yesterday the venue was used for a Halloween show. With it been re-themed into the Drayton Theatre .

Having not visited the park in over 20 years we decided to make a last-minute trip over the weekend to ride Shockwave stand-up for one last time. Overall coupled with the unseasonable weather we had an enjoyable day.

Having not ridden Shockwave since the early 2000’s we did three rides over the day, even though there was never really a queue. It’ll be interesting to see what the new trains will be like.

It makes sense for them do a themed restaurant for the area however I think we will see something happening to the area that the haunting exit goes through as there are construction walls and they have been doing things behind there on and off most the year.