• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

Whoops!

bandicam 2023-10-11 23-45-06-458.jpg
Drayton Manor have contacted Digital Dan with this statement... SOURCE

Very weird the labels were wrong. Or are the park just trying to keep the spinning element a surprise? Seems unlikely.
I really hope Drayton are just messing. I will be very disappointed if it's not a spinning coaster, as that makes it more interesting. I just can't see why the labels would be wrong? Unless whoever printed them did it to wind everyone up

Last edited:
Is it possible that it could be a case whereby trains aren’t spinning as such (ie not a free spin), but it uses the spinning mechanism to rotate the cars at a certain point for say a backwards section or is that not possible?

It seems very odd that Drayton would come out and state that their ride does not spin if it does, yet the label clearly indicates that it is spinning coaster hardware.

Is it possible that it could be a case whereby trains aren’t spinning as such (ie not a free spin), but it uses the spinning mechanism to rotate the cars at a certain point for say a backwards section or is that not possible?

It seems very odd that Drayton would come out and state that their ride does not spin if it does, yet the label clearly indicates that it is spinning coaster hardware.
It'd be controlled spinning like Objectif Mars at Futuroscope

Reactions: idc
I really hope Drayton are just messing. I will be very disappointed if it's not a spinning coaster, as that makes it more interesting. I just can't see why the labels would be wrong? Unless whoever printed them did it to wind everyone up

To be fair, I'll be glad if it's not. I feel there is potential for a much stronger coaster if it isn't you average 'spinning' coaster.

To be fair, I'll be glad if it's not. I feel there is potential for a much stronger coaster if it isn't you average 'spinning' coaster.
I disagree, if the spinning was controlled, so that the cars moved to specific scenic elements along the track. I never imagined it was going to be free spinning, a la Dragon's Fury, but instead to offer an element of control. Drayton Manor have said that they'd be able to programme the ride to offer different experiences at different times of day, this sort of element would have been once way to address that.

I wonder how much the re theme of current rides/buildings to the new theme, the new coaster, rumoured new flat ride and re theme of shockwave with a new colour scheme for the supports/track, indoor queue repaint and new train/trains is costing the looping group.
Enough for them to forget about their other parks, it might seem. Lightwater Valley and Pleasure Wood Hills aren't in good states.

Enough for them to forget about their other parks, it might seem. Lightwater Valley and Pleasure Wood Hills aren't in good states.

Lightwater Valley is not loopings I don't think?

As for spinning, I just don't think that is where Intamins strengths lie. Controlled or not. I don't know, my oppinion may be biased somewhat.

Seeing as the park have purposely gone out of their way to say there is no spinning element. There's a high chance it won't have one. Unless they are calling their bluff.

Last edited:
Only the hills is loopings who don't give a hoot about it.

Next to investment at all.

Period.

I like Drayton the amount of £ gone in last few years is sizeable id say.

I think Pleasurewood Hills will be sold off at some point in the near future. They seem quite happy with Drayton and the Safari park. On paper Drayton could have a great year in 2024

For sure a great year. Building on the last two which have also been great, busy and profitable for Drayton Manor.

Last edited:
Pleasurewood Hills is being monitored closely by loopings.

The new safari and ponies are brilliant along with new theming in places.

Loopings are investing in other parks but that doesn't fit the negative narrative on here.

Pleasurewood Hills is being monitored closely by loopings.

The new safari and ponies are brilliant along with new theming in places.

Loopings are investing in other parks but that doesn't fit the negative narrative on here.

What is the “negative narrative” on here?

Looping Group have a portfolio of three UK parks and it’s very obvious that Drayton Manor is the the prized asset here and has been receiving a lot of investment in order to really improve the park, freshen up the ride lineup, and make it a major player again.

And it’s also very fair to say that Pleasurewood Hills has not received the same kind of attention or investment and is arguably looking like a rather tired park. It’s not a negative narrative to point out that Loopings don’t seem to have the same ambitious plans for it that they do for DM and it’s five year plan.

Of course it would be great for the UK scene for a park like Pleasurewood Hills to receive serious investment and be positioned as a major park with some top rides but unfortunately that may not happen under Loopings as they are clearly focusing on a different UK part of theirs.

Last edited: