• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

I wonder if the replacement ride is basically replacing Apocalypse and pandemonium.

I recall a while back a comment from the park indicated that fans of Apocalypse ‘will be pleased’ and to ‘just wait and see’, or similar words to that effect.

Also rumours of two new flat rides to accompany the new coaster, although if there is any truth to this, I don’t think they would all come at once.

I’d still like to think they’d consider a new Intamin drop tower within a couple of years or so.

This already looks better that Alton's half-arsed Christmas opening. Adding a light trail to the Polperro Express sounds like a winner especially when the kids' legs are tired come 7pm, also great that Santa's grotto is only £5 and includes a photo, 'sweet treat' for the children, and a hot chocolate for the parents. I wonder if Drayton noticed Alton were scaling back their event and announced this to win the parents who would have gone to the other Staffordshire park.

This already looks better that Alton's half-arsed Christmas opening. Adding a light trail to the Polperro Express sounds like a winner especially when the kids' legs are tired come 7pm, also great that Santa's grotto is only £5 and includes a photo, 'sweet treat' for the children, and a hot chocolate for the parents. I wonder if Drayton noticed Alton were scaling back their event and announced this to win the parents who would have gone to the other Staffordshire park.

I doubt it, this would have been in the planning stages for a long time.

Still don’t think the event is as good as when the Bryan’s run it with the ice rink, better entertainment, better choice in family rides available and a 5 min firework display to end the night.

It is also worth remembering there is a very popular Winter Wonderland at the Snowdome just up the road in Tamworth, every Christmas too.

Any decisions Drayton make would no doubt be influenced much more by this extremely popular event 3 miles up the road. Than what Alton are doing 30 miles away. With myself living just 400 yards from the Snowdome, I see every year just how popular it is and how pupular it grows to be year on year, for over two decades.

Whilst they are named events, there are sufficiently different. The snowdome event hasn't changed for many years but still popular so why change. I think it needs to change, there is very little competition locally with the Alton towers offering looking poor with no mention of lightopia this year. The only thing I have seen is a cbeebies show. I think that people will go to both. I live between the park and the snowdome and see them as very different events and have been to the snowdome event previously as well as events at Conkers, statfold which all have very different offerings. As an annual pass holder, we choose to do the event at the Manor on christmas eve each year, and looking forward to all of the events on offer.

But what it does do, is soak up alot of customers who may have done the Drayton event. So Drayton no doubt watch their every move, as they are direct competitors in that respect.

More supports have arrived
92987B0A-813B-4F47-8D98-A411AD11D236.jpeg
I wonder what’s under that cover.
The former toilet building is finished and think it’s gonna have some sort of theming element added on the 1 side where the doors have appeared
9DA78889-4589-4FED-A9E1-CC74C678DB46.jpeg
The former baby changing rooms door gone
E9A019A5-3ACF-402F-B073-0A70652618BE.jpeg
Not sure if a supports are now going into this area of the site
40B0923D-9CB1-4898-B597-E3371E82D366.jpeg
There’s some big holes been dug on site
C3B60AD3-B329-4D3E-B3FC-836E7176FC7E.jpegCD9D798C-3512-421F-90E4-4E53A8BEDFB4.jpeg95C0246B-3B93-4DD7-8D53-CCFEE65E9AA4.jpeg
Lots more footers
5BF72C41-CD4A-48C2-899E-9491A8AD2F1B.jpegB369B594-FBBE-4224-85DE-68ABE6AF4437.jpegF12D60D8-BEAE-4899-A23B-4B1B97BB027B.jpeg8BF3AF32-F8DB-4272-A6E6-6D73F4BF41A5.jpeg62A6B152-BB9A-450A-B323-0C73B7856A01.jpeg
Was talking to a member of staff who been talking pictures everyday since mid August and after it’s all finished they gonna put a time lapse video up on social media.

Last edited:
Excellent photos @Themeparksandy1981. Seeing that toilet block confirms to me even more that this is going to have a wild west theme. It looks so much like an american barn. In any case, it's a huge improvement than how that toilet block looked before.

Really excited to see this develop. For me, it's the most exciting development happening in the UK right now. As there is so much unknown and this is probably the first time we will see Loopings really flex their muscles.

It's almost like the 1994 year of the coasters all again. What are the chances, the year that Drayton finally gets a new coaster, Nemesis gets re built and there is another tallest UK coaster being built too.

I really hope they name them the Rootin Tootin Toilets.
Agreed!

The name ‘Super Loo’ that it’s always had used to make me laugh as a kid in the 80s and 90s. The most heroic of all toilets, bringing justice (and taking away all the wee-wee).

If it remains as a toilet block, it deserves to retain a comedy name. :D

Never mind the new coaster. This is about the toilets! ;)

I'm fairly confident it will remain as a toilet block. Why would it not be? It is a fairly large toilet block, the only one that end of the park. Would seem silly and poor planning to remove it when the would need to build another one anyway. The money that would cost is far better spent on the ride itself, a ride that is designed to fit around the pre existing toilet block infastructure.

Superloo's are fairly common, the name was fairly common and was by no means exclusive to Drayton Manor, the name was used everywhere, it literally just means the toilet, sink and drying facilities in a single room. I guess which Drayton's almost is, as much as most other toilet types in existence today, if you exclude the actual cubicles.