• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

I think it’s the summer nights event which ran (weather permitting) every Saturday and Sunday from the 1st July to 3rd September (Saturday’s 9pm and Sunday’s 8pm) where it was good for visiting guests the staff were not happy as they still got paid a basic hourly rate to work a extra 3 to 5 hours.

I’m sure the park don’t want to let a building that can be seen from every corner of the park to be just a storage area and they currently got skips round the back of the ride and bits of the shockwave red train was seen in there as they was been storage in the pirate adventure building.

I would visit but it’s a risk at the reliability of their rides at the moment. When I went in September one of the ride operators said Shockwave hates the rain, can’t recall it being an issue before. But closed all day as soon as it started raining. Was also running on reduced capacity (last two rows empty).

Kind of a spooky resemblance that with Shockwave is having problems towards its upcoming overhaul by just limping along, the same thing was happening with Nemesis if you remember on its final few days with the ride itself being utterly knackered by that point.
Not a huge surprise, though, when they've both been through many ride cycles over the years, and were initially constructed in the 1990s.

I remember the animatronic band. Though in my head there was a bear playing a banjo. I remember it being in a building at the back of apocalypse but I don’t remember the name of the show.
Probably getting mixed up with the Good Ole Bears from american adventure, since they're also Space Leisure and re-use the Fiddle player from palladium

Kind of a spooky resemblance that with Shockwave is having problems towards its upcoming overhaul by just limping along, the same thing was happening with Nemesis if you remember on its final few days with the ride itself being utterly knackered by that point.
Yep, yet the final day of its operation it operated the full day with (from what I recall from the day) zero downtime, and some of the best operations I’ve ever seen at Towers.

Shockwave is from the most important year in UK coaster history. Will be looking forward to getting back on it next year along with their new one.

Anyone got any pictures of the retrofitted Palladium show from when it was in the chip shop?

Not complete, but there are some pictures of the figures from Jungle Palladium that went into the chip shop and lake side tea shop shows, before they were fitting into their new locations.

826_90ed386a54604a35899f860dc783c3bc.jpeg826_afb478577661a314066babbcd0c0f658.jpeg
826_5917e81d858d807ded10d9fa72a50584.jpeg
826_61e8d759db53c2572e07d50b0e2b3421.jpeg
826_b5478434416432b5cbf68837af0deda2.jpeg
826_61bfad082eca125785c3ec82c8aa48b3.jpeg
826_82878115f67ea2a3f0a3396093c4567a.jpeg

Can't remember which were which. The bear playing the fiddle was in the fish and chip shop though, I'm sure.

Last edited:
I wish there was even a video of the original show.
I only saw the fish and chip show show a couple of times. It was western themed and the tea show was knight themed.

You might be getting confused slightly there.

The Cedar fish and chip shop show was Mexican themed, aptly named the Ceder Tex Mex show.

The teashop show was called Safari Tearoom upon it's opening in 2000 as it was right next to Rorys Jungle Cruise. It was redressed to take on a Medieval theme for the opening of Exaclibur in 2003.

Last edited:
You might be getting confused slightly there.

The Cedar fish and chip shop show was Mexican themed, aptly named the Ceder Tex Mex show.

The teashop show was called Safari Tearoom upon it's opening in 2000 as it was right next to Rorys Jungle Cruise. It was redressed to take on a Medieval theme for the opening of Exaclibur in 2003.
Oh I didn’t watch the 2000 version but before I started to buy annual passes from the 2017 season I only ever visited the park on the final day of the main season for the night rides, longer hours and the fireworks.
I remember the rabbits were 2 sheriffs and the 3 birds were cow girls.

I not found any videos of the original show but found a show that featured some of the same animatronics that also featured in the jungle palladium

Last edited:
Yep, yet the final day of its operation it operated the full day with (from what I recall from the day) zero downtime, and some of the best operations I’ve ever seen at Towers.
I was meaning on the final few days before the last day in which Nemesis was having problems with downtime albeit it nowhere near as bad as with Shockwave though there is that vibe with both rides limping along towards the end.

I was meaning on the final few days before the last day in which Nemesis was having problems with downtime albeit it nowhere near as bad as with Shockwave though there is that vibe with both rides limping along towards the end.
Yes it was down when I visited on 18/10 for late afternoon until following morning. Annoying as the group I went with missed the night ride on it. One of the only reasons we go to scarefest is for Nemesis.

Oh I didn’t watch the 2000 version but before I started to buy annual passes from the 2017 season I only ever visited the park on the final day of the main season for the night rides, longer hours and the fireworks.
I remember the rabbits were 2 sheriffs and the 3 birds were cow girls.

I not found any videos of the original show but found a show that featured some of the same animatronics that also featured in the jungle palladium

From what i can see, some of these animatronics are reused from the Windsor Zoo Tiki Show, and the Palladium fiddle player is also reused in The Good Ole Bears from american adventure, that are at Gulliver's Kingdom in Matlock now