• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

Maybe the comments on how Victoria said the experience would change depending on the time of day means that after a certain time, it will turn backwards and be a backwards-facing coaster. Therefore it'll have the same components as the spinning MDC trains but won't be a spinning coaster in itself...

There's three possibilities:

1) Intamin got it wrong, it isn't going to be a spinning coaster or feature the parts of a spinning coaster
2) It's a spinning coaster and will operate as a spinning coaster, Drayton told a fib
3) It's a spinning coaster but the spinning bit will not be used/will be disabled (or maybe like @Bert2theSpark said, it could switch to backwards facing after xPM)

My money is on 2 or 3.

What we thinking then? Something like the above?
Would be pretty cool to have one in the UK if the story and theming is good.
It's a confirmed Family Lift & Launch coaster, it may have a spinning element, most likely programmed if it does rather than free spin.

Edit: Source article - https://blooloop.com/theme-park/news/drayton-manor-intamin-new-family-thrill-coaster/

There's three possibilities:

1) Intamin got it wrong, it isn't going to be a spinning coaster or feature the parts of a spinning coaster
2) It's a spinning coaster and will operate as a spinning coaster, Drayton told a fib
3) It's a spinning coaster but the spinning bit will not be used/will be disabled (or maybe like @Bert2theSpark said, it could switch to backwards facing after xPM)

My money is on 2 or 3.
Intamin have been known to get their coaster names wrong in the past in their various bits of material. Last time I looked they had the likes of Rita and Stealth listed on their website as “LSM Launch Coasters” when they don’t have any LSMs on them, so they do have previous in that area!

For what it's worth I'm still with you on this one too, but time will tell!

Before the outright denial they did send some vloggers and people on social media some cease and desist letters, asking them not to publish these photos.

We won't know for certain yet though until the park publish more info, or we see something more during construction. I've always thought it would have programmed controlled spinning elements, on the confirmed launch and lift system, rather than a free spin.
It’s very strange. Surely if you’re sending cease and desist letters then there must be something that you don’t want revealed , something that must be true.

Are we certain they sent actual cease and desist letters?

It seems a bit overkill, when the usual first and much easier step in these sorts of things is just asking people to take it down. Much cheaper too.

Are we certain they sent actual cease and desist letters?

It seems a bit overkill, when the usual first and much easier step in these sorts of things is just asking people to take it down. Much cheaper too.
Cease and desist was my language choice, which is a bit inflammatory now I look back on it. They were polite notices asking them to stop (cease) sharing the spinning coaster images and to not share the rumour again (desist), rather than legal notices.

It could well be that Intamin as a company didn't get it wrong. Someone who was a bit distracted whilst printing the despatch labels got it wrong, and they didn't actually bother to print out some new ones as it wasn't deemed important enough.

Anyone know if Drayton would refund a park ticket for next month if I bought an annual pass, I didn't think about there could be a sale before booking it before, no idea when the sale ends either.

Anyone know if Drayton would refund a park ticket for next month if I bought an annual pass, I didn't think about there could be a sale before booking it before, no idea when the sale ends either.
Can you get to the park by the 30th November as that’s when the annual pass sale ends. They got an annual pass office outside the main entrance or it’s the 1 booth on the right by the Viking entrance. They should be able to sort out your annual pass as the price you paid for your day tickets will be taken off the annual pass price.

Sorry for the double post again but it ain’t been a good day for the park with guests having to wait 45-60 mins just to enter the park. Up to 90 mins to see Santa and think it’s been the same for the train. Drayton taken all there Christmas posts off FB as they had so many complaints.
They must have had so many free return ticket visitors today and not enough staff.

I am a tad bit annoyed because apparently the wishmas express has been selling out but when I booked my Christmas tickets they weren't available to buy yet and now I find out you can only buy them with combination with park tickets so I basically booked it too early and now seems unlikely I'll get to do it when I go with my little bro on 22nd of December, I'll have to see if they have any on the day availability in guest services I guess.