• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

Indeed. But i am confused after 5 month of closure, and a mild winter... why SF10 has contractors in now?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Pandemonium needed a new part and they given it some TLC by repainting everything. It's all red and green coloured now.
Stormforce been 18 years old now all the wood in the queue line is rotten and it all needs replacing and I'm sure there gonna repaint the building.
They done a lot over the closed season in the theme park and zoo areas. They may have thought with the weather averaging 12 degs everyday not many guests will want to get soaked to nearer the summer season.

I saw Shawn Sanbrooke's Drayton Manor vlog and he shows that Stormforce 10 is having a new dryer(Similar to the one's at Alton Towers) and a new hut with the bridge section of the queue completely redone. Unlike Towers dryers Drayton's dryers have been themed to resemble a beach hut. I hope for some new audio too.

With all of Drayton's refurbishment/improvement work I'm suprised Shockwave and Sphash Canyon hasn't received any work yet. Bearing in mind they probably need the most work done to them... New trains and paint job for Shockwave and various bits of theming around the area, nothing too big though.

I saw Shawn Sanbrooke's Drayton Manor vlog and he shows that Stormforce 10 is having a new dryer(Similar to the one's at Alton Towers) and a new hut with the bridge section of the queue completely redone. Unlike Towers dryers Drayton's dryers have been themed to resemble a beach hut. I hope for some new audio too.

With all of Drayton's refurbishment/improvement work I'm suprised Shockwave and Sphash Canyon hasn't received any work yet. Bearing in mind they probably need the most work done to them... New trains and paint job for Shockwave and various bits of theming around the area, nothing too big though.
Yeah, i saw that too. Here it is for those who haven't seen it yet:

Just doing a bit of planned my for my trip next weekend, doing towers and Drayton staying at premier inn uttoxeter, google says 45 mins from utox to Drayton, is this actually realistic? Thanks

I'm guessing people can start calming down over the whole "2018 is the new 1994" as Drayton clearly haven't started work on this new coaster yet?

Just doing a bit of planned my for my trip next weekend, doing towers and Drayton staying at premier inn uttoxeter, google says 45 mins from utox to Drayton, is this actually realistic? Thanks
Sounds pretty accurate to me give or take 5 minutes depending on traffic :)

Looks like Drayton Manor
Planning big things over the next 5 years.

1) Orangery Restaurant
2) Entertainment Pavilion
3) Multi-storey Car park 4 levels
4) Veranda
5) Hotel Hamilton
6) Additional lodges to existing camping and caravan site
7) Car Parking Expansion
8) Zoo refit
9) Staff housing
10) Family care/Crèche facilities
11) Expansion of the Theme park on the land next to the Buffalo coaster
12) New Thomas land Expansion
13) New means of Transport to farmer McCall's farm
14) Park lodges
15) Possible solar farm and solar farm car park
16) Possible lodge expansion

Just hope the current accident don't put a stop to any of theses future projects

May I ask @Themeparksandy1981 Where is this source from?

This expansion seems interesting for the future and I have to keep reminding myself that it's a five year plan not a ten year one. Even for Merlin standards of additions that is pretty high seeing Towers has had ~8 additions overall within the last 5 years.

Looks like Drayton Manor
Planning big things over the next 5 years.[...]

Wow, great stuff. I'll be really pleased for them if that list gets ticked off! Thomas Land has really boosted the park, and in light of good attendance it's only right that they expand their accommodation offerings to provide competition to "the other Staffordshire park". Looks like there's some focus on infrastructure improvement too, which is always a good thing. DMP haven't changed their parking on grass fields since the 90s!

Always had a sweet spot for this little family park :).

Looks like Drayton Manor
Planning big things over the next 5 years.
12) New Thomas land Expansion
Just hope the current accident don't put a stop to any of theses future projects

Fantastic to hear this! I feel Thomas Land has not really been expanded since it was rethemed in 2008 and as a result, it feels a bit forgotten. Hopefully this can put some life into and Drayton can push marketing for it.

In all seriousness, the one that gets me the most is number 11. I thought it had never been expanded on there because Drayton weren't allowed to?

Fantastic to hear this! I feel Thomas Land has not really been expanded since it was rethemed in 2008 and as a result, it feels a bit forgotten. Hopefully this can put some life into and Drayton can push marketing for it.
Thomas Land is by far the most neglected area of the park. Half of the whole park should be converted in to Thomas Land imo to make up for this.

Does anyone know when they are going to get Storm Force 10 open this season? How can the planned maintenance be taking so long? The bridge repair looks finished now. Also, on a lesser important note, Pandemonium is still closed too!

Pandemonium Is still waiting for a part which they hope will be here soon and have it up and running for the main school holidays. Storm force 10 on Sunday workings were painting the queue line. The buffalo coaster is now down. It's been all stripped down to the motors.

Photos taken from TPWW

Storm force 10 still closed, but with the boats in the station ready to go, it looks like it might be possibly opening in time for the summer

mZKWZNk.jpg

Pr3Jifu.jpg