• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

One thing i just remembered, when we were waiting to board Accelerator we had the front row by the operating computer and there was a plaque on the side of it. It had lots of details like ride manufacturer, year, speed, capacity etc. Do most rides have this?
I imagine most do somewhere, but in most parks, the interior of the operator cabin is hidden from guest view.

One thing i just remembered, when we were waiting to board Accelerator we had the front row by the operating computer and there was a plaque on the side of it. It had lots of details like ride manufacturer, year, speed, capacity etc. Do most rides have this?
I think that Vekoma rides often do. Velociraptor at Paulton's Park definitely has one, but isn't there something similar on the remains of the Corkscrew at the Alton Towers entrance?

Last edited:
A lot of Vekoma attractions have one on show (Temple of the Nighthawk always come to mind for me), but it depends as well on the country and local laws. In some regions, including China, it’s a requirement to visibly display key stats and data about an attraction.

IMG_1235.jpeg
Image source: RCDB

But the registration plate screw fitting have been tampered with...
That ride might be a forgery.
That has happened before, but with traveling rides.
For another example of manurfactuing plates the display on corkscrew looks like part of it may have been its manurfacture plate (although I am not sure if it is).

Attachments

• bob.png
    bob.png
    791.5 KB · Views: 42
That has happened before, but with traveling rides.
For another example of manurfactuing plates the display on corkscrew looks like part of it may have been its manurfacture plate (although I am not sure if it is).
The Corkscrew one is either the original manufacturer plate or a repro of it. I'm pretty certain there's a shot of it displayed at the ride somewhere online.

Currently on park today as Gold Rush is not operating. Tho staff on the entrance keep saying they don’t know when it will open

But the registration plate screw fitting have been tampered with...
That ride might be a forgery.
It’s legit, just it was only installed in 2019 and they’ve bolted it to the closest block of wood they could find (pretty badly it seems). https://rcdb.com/2022.htm - final photo shows the same plate in its former home at Gullivers MK. Cleaned up pretty nice on its new location though!

On-topic: Gold Rush seems to be in even more of a state than any of the other coasters @Poisson and I have done over the last week called Gold Rush (and that number is greater than one).

It’s legit, just it was only installed in 2019 and they’ve bolted it to the closest block of wood they could find (pretty badly it seems). https://rcdb.com/2022.htm - final photo shows the same plate in its former home at Gullivers MK. Cleaned up pretty nice on its new location though!

On-topic: Gold Rush seems to be in even more of a state than any of the other coasters @Poisson and I have done over the last week called Gold Rush (and that number is greater than one).
Jeez, I was just cracking a joke, again...

Tragic that it's the least reliable compared to a Pinfari Mighty Mini Mega MM29 and an 8th hand Zierer 4 Man Bob

Currently on park today as Gold Rush is not operating. Tho staff on the entrance keep saying they don’t know when it will open

Sounds like it has been closed since at least Tuesday then?

The fact they were only running one cycle prior to that suggests problems had already begun.

Opening a new coaster the first week of summer holidays and then having it closed for extended periods isn’t great.

Yeah....new coasters always have teething issues and you don't want them to happening over your busiest period when kids are all off.

No idea why they couldn't have had this ride ready for late May / early June. They should have really.