• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

The park has had an excellent year for investment but the events have been awful.
Like it started off good with the dinosaur breakout but the show was the same as last year.

Easter in Thomas land was the same as last year.

May bank holiday was good with 9pm ride closures and a 10 min firework show.

Fiestival still had the live musicians and the dancers but a lot was cut compared to last year.

Summer fest was really cut compared to last year as they had 9pm ride closure on the Saturday and 8pm on a Sunday but this year it was only on the Saturday and the park was only open to 7pm. The entertainment was a couple of tribute shows and Rory and Lory karaoke show.

Vikings which was only on a Saturday last year but it’s running on both days now but it’s the same entertainment as last year.

Halloween really been cut back but is running from the 4th Oct to 3rd Nov. The evening event for older families has been cut so no scare mazes or zones and 5pm close.

The fireworks event is back this year on the 2nd and 3rd Nov but it’s have been cut to 7pm

Even the Christmas Event has been cut to 5pm.

Last year I went to the 9pm close in May for Fiestaval and 9pm close for the winter event.
For the winter even me and my brother had the pirate ship to ourselves for 20 minutes and were staying on accelerator too, as it goes I thought the Christmas event was great value for money so it's sad to see it wasn't a success.

For late night riding, Santa's grotto, wishmas express, gingerbread decorating I think I paid around £30 each or thereabouts, which when you factor in how extortionate some winter events can be I was very happy with it.

Before u lot jump on this post. I wonder if the looping group is testing out if Pirates are still popular with the guests before they decide what to do with the pirate cove area and the pirate adventure building.
They currently selling pirate merchandise in the surf shack
IMG_4684.jpegIMG_4685.jpegIMG_4686.jpeg

Before u lot jump on this post. I wonder if the looping group is testing out if Pirates are still popular with the guests before they decide what to do with the pirate cove area and the pirate adventure building.
I could see them creating another pirate themed attraction. I don't think you'll get a recreation, or reimagining, of Pirate Adventure.

It could totally be some sort of method of gauging interest, but equally it does also just look like tourist tat that you’d expect from a seaside town also…

If they did a new pirate-themed area, it should be different enough from Adventure Cove and how it has been previously. I don’t how I feel about another generic-themed theme park area at Drayton though, I’d like them to see a theme which isn’t a theme park cliché.

It could totally be some sort of method of gauging interest, but equally it does also just look like tourist tat that you’d expect from a seaside town also…

If they did a new pirate-themed area, it should be different enough from Adventure Cove and how it has been previously. I don’t how I feel about another generic-themed theme park area at Drayton though, I’d like them to see a theme which isn’t a theme park cliché.
I think it needs to be something that distinguishes it from let's say Vikings and Adventure Cove.

Especially as Pirates has the maritime theme in common with Adventure Cove and whilst Vikings, it's plundering seafaring set of people who were feared during their time. Although Vikings at Drayton is more about Norse Mythology and Gods than the swashbuckling side of things.

I'd like to see them tackle something different and I'd say if they did Pirates, I think it should be different to both of those areas - let's say Space Pirates as a possibility.

With the merchandise they added for Vikings and now Frontier falls that’s been top notch. The pirate cups are of a high standard but they the rest it’s pocket money prices for kids.
If I remember except pin badges and mugs there wasn’t much pirate adventure merchandise with the rest been pens, rubbers and other cheap stuff.
It be the easiest theme they could go for as they got the jolly Buccaneer and the Bounty that’s already pirate themed. They could move the Carousel to the adventure cove area and theme the train station to suit.
Then the main budget goes on theming the restaurant, Arcade and the new dark ride in the former pirate adventure building.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be opposed to a new pirate-themed attraction opening at Drayton. As a side note, some of that merchandise looks very good, especially those goblets.

I personally don't see the correlation of selling some cheap pirate themed merchandise, in a world where pirate themes are popular and they already have a pirate themed ride, to using it as a metric to pull the trigger on a multi million pound attraction.

This isn't saying it will never happen but this is clutching at some almost non existent straws. The park already have a pirate themed ride, so why wouldn't they sell pirate themed merchandise for that.