• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

Join us for the first ever Drayton Manor 5k & 10k! Run around the rides and rollercoasters inside the fantastic Drayton Manor Resort, including the Accelerator, Stormforce 10, Thomas Land and the Zoo! Following the race, you will be first in line to make full use of the rides within the park with Theme Park access included in your race entry!

Included in the entry is:

Free Official Race Photos

Live Chip Timed Results

Post Race Refreshment

Unique Themed medal to be revealed!

Home to thrilling rides, attractions, live events & a themed hotel, Drayton Manor is the ultimate destination for thrill-seekers featuring some of the UK’s most popular rollercoasters and amusement park rides.

Start Times:
9am – 10k
9.10am – 5k

5k- 1 lap
10k- 2 laps

I like the idea, nothing wrong with people getting fit. If I was going to do one however, I would prefer Alton Towers for a few reasons;
  1. Challenging terrain and many height changes.
  2. Gorgeous house.
  3. Gorgeous gardens.
  4. Within the peak district (also gorgeous)
  5. Better rides at the end.
I can see the appeal of this though, I would just prefer Alton Towers. If they open the run to include some of the admittedly gorgeous parkland the surrounds Drayton Manor, then this might interest me a bit more, they might well be doing this. I can however, seeing this appealing to many people.

I like the idea, nothing wrong with people getting fit. If I was going to do one however, I would prefer Alton Towers for a few reasons;
  1. Challenging terrain and many height changes.
  2. Gorgeous house.
  3. Gorgeous gardens.
  4. Within the peak district (also gorgeous)
  5. Better rides at the end.
I can see the appeal of this though, I would just prefer Alton Towers. If they open the run to include some of the admittedly gorgeous parkland the surrounds Drayton Manor, then this might interest me a bit more, they might well be doing this. I can however, seeing this appealing to many people.
But, the route last year for towers was many laps including the car park! You’re not seeing much of the gorgeous house from what I could tell.
Also, no access to showers. You think smiler restraints are ripe - imagine the hum of many unwashed runners!!
(I am tempted by both, but for me the best bit of a run, especially when it’s cold, is the hot shower afterwards)

But, the route last year for towers was many laps including the car park! You’re not seeing much of the gorgeous house from what I could tell.
Also, no access to showers. You think smiler restraints are ripe - imagine the hum of many unwashed runners!!
(I am tempted by both, but for me the best bit of a run, especially when it’s cold, is the hot shower afterwards)

But in general, Towers is a much nicer location than Drayton I think. You did run past the towers and couple of times on the route around Alton, finally coming back round and finishing in dark forest.