• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

The February event has been very successful this year, the park is at full capacity today.
I was there on Friday and yes it was busy but generally the queue times were still pretty good. Shame a couple of the rides are 1 metre high as my little one is only 95 so just missed out but she loved the place.

Unfortunately, Drayton is in steady decline.

:(

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I thought things had picked up during the half term event? While not my favourite park, I thought Drayton was a lovely park with real charm when I visited in August 2018!

It could be that as it’s the last day of Oct Half term on the Sunday many guests will leave straight after the fireworks as Kids are back at school and parents back at work so they see the Friday and Saturday as there most busy nights.

No manslaughter case over Drayton Manor death

The death of an 11-year-old girl at a theme park does not meet the threshold for gross negligence or corporate manslaughter, police have said.

Evha Jannath, from Leicester, fell from the Splash Canyon ride at Drayton Manor on 9 May 2017.

Staffordshire Police said it had concluded its investigation and the case had been reviewed by the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS).

The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) will take over the probe.

A HSE spokesperson said: "This remains a criminal investigation and we will be considering whether there were any breaches of health and safety law relevant to the circumstances of this tragic event."

More here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-47443195

Here's a few behind the scenes photos that were taken by myself and my team during the February Half Term event.

eNukxaO.jpg

wfiWck3.jpg

YQEL4cq.jpg

DI5YxzH.jpg

https://www.draytontalk.co.uk/threads/closed-season-updates-20-02-19.101/

Last edited:
Ok so when i went at Feb half term it still looked completely useable? whats the issue with it

Oh right, wonder what sort of price they are talking for 2 new ones, are they off the self? or specially made

Its a lot but to have such a large ride SBNO seems to be a bad idea
From what I've heard, G-Force wasn't exactly highly received in its lifespan, so maybe Drayton thought it would be more worthwhile to remove the coaster and replace it with something superior in a couple of years' time when they can afford it.

I agree from a business sense that will make perfect sense. However from a joe public point of view it looks bad. Same gate price (or higher) and one less rollercoaster to go on.

They surely cannot leave it SBNO for more than a few months. It's not one of those American parks where you have a coaster SBNO but there's 14 others around it - it's one of only two major structures in the park.