• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

Just the trains? Crack on Drayton, we want to see pieces of track and supports discarded there as well.

Suppose it’s not unusual in close season to remove cars from rides during the winner anyway.
Yeah there are a few other rides I’ve spotted that are missing cars, the Flying Dutchman is currently boatless. The buffalo also appears to have scaffolding around some of the track.

True, but it was also running significantly faster as the motors didn't have as much work to do.

True, but it was also running significantly faster as the motors didn't have as much work to do.

This is what I’ve never got. I would have assumed electric motors on a ride like the buffalo are almost a consumable item and part of routine maintenance. The queue moves incredibly slowly with the reduced capacity.

I'd have thought there would be a motor every few cars, so a full train would have more power than one that's half the intended length? Obviously it weighs more, but shouldn't the two equal out?

The buffalo coaster doesn’t have motors. Instead, each car contains a hamster in a wheel running as fast as it can. This is connected to a belt which drives the tyres running down the centre of the train.

At the end of each ride the train stops while the hamsters are fed, watered or replaced from the pit beneath the track. This takes time, hence why you can’t send two trains in quick succession. Often this will result in a large queue forming at the entrance.

The shortened train is the result of The Great Hamster Depression where many rodents were put out of work.

At least, that’s how it feels when you’re riding it. Silbermine and PL ran faster than that thing does.

I read on most social media pages that many season pass holders have said they ain’t gonna pay for the Ultimate pass as £380 for a family of 4 where last season cost them £260. Drayton reply was it’s vaild every day the park is open including Christmas and February half term 2020 and they replied our kids are to old for Thomasland.

I read on most social media pages that many season pass holders have said they ain’t gonna pay for the Ultimate pass as £380 for a family of 4 where last season cost them £260. Drayton reply was it’s vaild every day the park is open including Christmas and February half term 2020 and they replied our kids are to old for Thomasland.
I thought that. There is absaloutly no point in paying for the ultimate pass if you don’t have kids of Thomas land age. It seems a bit short sighted because surely having the revenue from main season passes is better than none at all.

I Facebooked them back saying I’m gonna wait to March to decide if I’m gonna pay a extra £75 for 2 passes as I want to know what new rides,attractions and events the park have got planned for the parks 70th Birthday cause removing the big wheel and cable cars then having the rapids and g force SBNO is not good value for money for a father who daughter with be at least 1.2m tall this season.

I Facebooked them back saying I’m gonna wait to March to decide if I’m gonna pay a extra £75 for 2 passes as I want to know what new rides,attractions and events the park have got planned for the parks 70th Birthday cause removing the big wheel and cable cars then having the rapids and g force SBNO is not good value for money for a father who daughter with be at least 1.2m tall this season.
But you get a lanyard and pin! Surely that’s worth the extra £75 alone!