• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

I kind of fancy making a tavern thread taking the mick out of rides with unnecessary OTSRs as so many rides would be improved if you were more exposed and your shoulders wouldn't ache as much. Rush at Thorpe is the perfect example of a ride that is improved by lap bars, the bar looks flimsy and you feel a bit insecure but you are held in safely and the ride just feels more thrilling and exhilarating because of it.

I kind of fancy making a tavern thread taking the mick out of rides with unnecessary OTSRs as so many rides would be improved if you were more exposed and your shoulders wouldn't ache as much. Rush at Thorpe is the perfect example of a ride that is improved by lap bars, the bar looks flimsy and you feel a bit insecure but you are held in safely and the ride just feels more thrilling and exhilarating because of it.
I'm really looking forward to trying Rush later this month! Will be absolutely bricking it though. :tearsofjoy:

I hope so, having it run on one tower is going to be too slow even for Drayton at the height of the summer holidays. Drayton gets decent visitor levels during the summer and apocalypse will end up having ridiculous queue's without it.
But do you have a source for your claim?
It would make sense as the park been open a week and it’s still not open. They would want to try to get it open ASAP with Easter school holidays startling in a weeks time.

Maelstrom is down today, and a staff member said they saw cranes on it last night, so it looks like something big came off, but the park want it back up tomorrow?! Also, it was mentioned a while back that the haunting was getting some works and that is correct, after experiencing it today all on my own with only the attendant for company, effects have been repaired and refreshed. the skeletons in the basement now have UV painting, and some more smoke effects. In the chapel, the tomb now has a smoke generator inside it that helps the creep factor, although, it appears the head animatronic has been replaced by a strobe light in the coffin. All the rooms have had work and a refresh, but those are the major changes. In adventure cove some planters have been fenced off to stop guests walking on them and killing the plants, and some small paint jobs have been completed. The toy box has had half of it walled off and the ice cream parlour next door expanded into it and made into a larger food unit. More markings have gone down around the Apoc/ Test Track site, with some even extending up to the back of the Hamilton suite. Vikings new entrance appears to be coming along nicely, including speakers within the structure for thematic audio, Loki has been testing all day, and Thor and Sleipnir have all the ride infrastructure in. Jormungandr has the new station coming along well, though I wasn't able to check if the train was in the station. the area looks nearly complete, save for area paving and cleaning up, as well as final theming touches.

To my knowledge the Looping Group have no meaningful working relationship with B&M, Mack Rides, Intamin or RMC.
They do however a long standing relationship with Vekoma, with many of their coasters found in their parks across Europe.

I think there's a very good chance it will be a Vekoma model they go for personally. A suspended Thrill Coaster is my guess. Tayto Park in Ireland are getting one for 2023 and I wouldn't be shocked to see one rock up at Drayton.
It's true that they operate a number of coasters that they inherited but they've only built new coasters from SBF.

Drayton has historically had a close working relationship with Intamin and have supplied most of their maintenance headaches.

A B&M coaster feels like too much ride for that park. I agree something like a STC could be a solid addition.

Drayton is probably one of the few UK parks that could make an RMC single rail work in terms of cost / capacity.