• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

It looks like they're going for the Adventure Cove style cartoony look for the Viking area, which makes sense with them aiming more at younger families.
This. If you look at the wave swinger paint job, it has a top coat which is then "shaved" which then shows the grain in a contrasting but complimentary colour.

Well I hope that it does!

It's true that they operate a number of coasters that they inherited but they've only built new coasters from SBF.

Drayton has historically had a close working relationship with Intamin and have supplied most of their maintenance headaches.

A B&M coaster feels like too much ride for that park. I agree something like a STC could be a solid addition.

Drayton is probably one of the few UK parks that could make an RMC single rail work in terms of cost / capacity.

A Vekoma STC or RMC Raptor would be great, and both probably very realistic options for Drayton Manor. I think an S&S 4D free spin is also a likely option. If I remember right S&S designed a launched family suspended coaster for Drayton Manor about 5 years ago, although that would have replaced the Buffalo coaster so probably not revisiting those plans.

And, probably an outside chance, but do we know where that S&S Axis coaster that is supposed to be opening somewhere in Europe next year is going yet?

And, probably an outside chance, but do we know where that S&S Axis coaster that is supposed to be opening somewhere in Europe next year is going yet?
We don't yet, although if it's opening next year it won't be Drayton as they've pushed their project back to 2024. In my opinion it's more likely to be somewhere like Energylandia.

We don't yet, although if it's opening next year it won't be Drayton as they've pushed their project back to 2024. In my opinion it's more likely to be somewhere like Energylandia.
I can't see Energylandia installing a Tilt coaster AND an Axis coaster next year, you never know I suppose, but I think it will be going somewhere other than Energylandia.

I can't see Energylandia installing a Tilt coaster AND an Axis coaster next year, you never know I suppose, but I think it will be going somewhere other than Energylandia.
Yeah that's a good point. Just where else could it be going?!

Yeah that's a good point. Just where else could it be going?!
There's a thread for that: