• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

The Haunting has never met the world class standard. I do love the ride but that’s just because of my own personal experiences over the years. I wish the park would give it more attention, however I sadly see them more likely removing it than spending any large amount of money on it.

I would say that the only world class dark ride that Drayton Manor has ever had was Pirate Adventure. Only in the few years that it was first installed though. Between 1990-2000 I would class it as world class.

We don’t like the current version of the haunting, it feels like it lacks a lot. I personally can’t understand why after the cycle ends and the tomb opens , that nothing happens. Back when it was decent , bats used to pop up out the coffin and get you on the back of the legs. I also believe the cycle used to last a little longer than what it currently does though this may just be my interpretation due to being smaller then however I do believe the ride has lost its charm due to lack of imagination or money restraints. Such a shame. It used to be a scary ride. The shop that you used to exit in used to sell creepy items that fitted perfectly with the ride. Now you exit via a cafe that is overly sized and not used to capacity in any shape or form.

We don’t like the current version of the haunting, it feels like it lacks a lot. I personally can’t understand why after the cycle ends and the tomb opens , that nothing happens. Back when it was decent , bats used to pop up out the coffin and get you on the back of the legs. I also believe the cycle used to last a little longer than what it currently does though this may just be my interpretation due to being smaller then however I do believe the ride has lost its charm due to lack of imagination or money restraints. Such a shame. It used to be a scary ride. The shop that you used to exit in used to sell creepy items that fitted perfectly with the ride. Now you exit via a cafe that is overly sized and not used to capacity in any shape or form.
Done some research that haunting when it first opened was only the second vekoma madhouse to open in the world after Vila Volta that opened the same year

In the 90’s Drayton really spend big to go from a standard zoo and amusement park to a theme park and zoo.
1990 Pirate adventure
1991 Bryan’s museum
1992 Pirate Cove with jolly Buccaneer
1993 Splash Canyon
1994 Shockwave
1995 Klondike gold mine
1996 The Haunting
1997 Rory’s Jungle safari
1998 Sombrero’s and the flying jumbos’s with 5 kids rides.
1999 Stormforce 10

I thought it was already announced and confirmed? I’m sure Shawn Sanbrooke reported this also and the park haven’t corrected him given they let him have insight in the construction of Vikings.

I thought it was already announced and confirmed? I’m sure Shawn Sanbrooke reported this also and the park haven’t corrected him given they let him have insight in the construction of Vikings.
It was said in Blooloop magazine that the park was getting something major in 2024, which is widely rumoured to be a roller coaster by reliable sources.

Already spoke about that here but £100 but unlimited isn’t to bad

I'm not sure anybody would want to ride anything at Drayton enough times to justify that cost?

But I would prefer fastrack, if introduced, to be obscenely priced to reduce numbers using it.

Drayton is too much of a regional park, with too many low throughput attractions, for it to work though.

Last edited:
We seen with Adventure Cove and if we didn’t have that winter lockdown in 2020/21 it would have opened a lot earlier but as soon as they were all finished on the adventure cove project they started basic ground work on the Viking project so can see the 2024 project starting as soon as the main season is finished.

It's quite sad how times have changed. I remember not too many years ago when paid fast-track was generally frowned upon and seen as too expensive. Now a fast-track at Drayton Manor for £100 is seen as reasonable by some, and I see people almost daily on the likes of FB lapping up and loving paying silly amounts to skip the queues at Towers. It's almost seen as the norm by some now that you go to Towers and get a fast-track, with people moaning that fast-track is sold out for whatever day in advance and they'll actually have to - god forbid - queue. No wonder no-one's got money left to pay the energy bills and wants the government to pay it for them!

I’m a bit confused by this, I’ve not been yet this year but do Drayton really get queues long enough to warrant fast track? I just can’t imagine what I’d use it on to make it worthwhile. Maybe stormforce on a hot day.

Anyone paying those prices has more money than sense.

I’m a bit confused by this, I’ve not been yet this year but do Drayton really get queues long enough to warrant fast track? I just can’t imagine what I’d use it on to make it worthwhile. Maybe stormforce on a hot day.

Anyone paying those prices has more money than sense.
The park gets massive queues during school trip season, although fast track would make the queues even longer (eek).