• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

On the new ride ground flatting is continuing and loads of pipes have arrived at the site

E6280799-DFBC-4939-BFA5-AEF6951CF315.jpeg
Also pirate adventure compressor room was open with lights on and the lockers down the former exit have been removed. It looks like they clearing that area.
BD0221E9-8030-499F-BDA6-2E201FB67674.jpeg
2A8D15B7-97E6-477D-827E-D7167741CAEE.jpeg658FAB6C-EBDB-4A21-B70E-DEA02C2C7C77.jpeg
In other news, the urbexer in me would LOVE to get in that site for a wander!

I mean. The lights and door have been open many times over the past years. It means nothing in reality.

Locked may have been moved elsewhere. I wouldn't jump to conclusions and say they could be clearing the area based on those two things alone. But you never know.

I mean. The lights and door have been open many times over the past years. It means nothing in reality.

Locked may have been moved elsewhere. I wouldn't jump to conclusions and say they could be clearing the area based on those two things alone. But you never know.
I know but they have been clearing the building as the red shockwave train has been removed from the building with the restraints put into skips.
It won’t be the pirate adventure but I’m sure they got ideas for the building and what to do inside.
When I go next I will walk to the end of that corridor as the last time I went down there it was a dumping ground for old soft play equipment

I know but they have been clearing the building as the red shockwave train has been removed from the building with the restraints put into skips.
It won’t be the pirate adventure but I’m sure they got ideas for the building and what to do inside.
When I go next I will walk to the end of that corridor as the last time I went down there it was a dumping ground for old soft play equipment

That is a good point. Maybe they do have plans, whatever they may be? Obviously clearing the building for a reason.

So I was pondering why this part of the new signage looked familiar....

And I've just realized.

This DOES tie into the newer series after all.
And we might've just cracked what this new ride could be...
TheCan-DoSubmarineCrew14.png
The new Thomas looks rotten! I miss the days of railway realism from the original books when Thomas was a Brighton built E2 tank engine rather than some squishy blue plastic thingy that now bounces. 😫

The new Thomas looks rotten! I miss the days of railway realism from the original books when Thomas was a Brighton built E2 tank engine rather than some squishy blue plastic thingy that now bounces. 😫
Its a younger-age series so I can let it pass; not too bad of a show, honestly! Admittedly surprised it took me this long to figure it out as this ep's been out for well over a year.

So what do you all reckon this might be? Given Zamperla is their usual provider, my bet's on a flume or a Water Fight model.

I can't see them having a Water Fight considering there is already a Watermania. I'm guessing it will be something like the Kiddle Flume but sat in little submarine boats. Hoping it would be a bigger model than that though, something similar to River Rafts at Chessington maybe.

Does anybody have an idea of the dimensions of the site? That would rule out some options. Also, I hope it isn't a watermania, the Mack version at Alton Towers has low ridership for a reason....

Does anybody have an idea of the dimensions of the site? That would rule out some options. Also, I hope it isn't a watermania, the Mack version at Alton Towers has low ridership for a reason....
Why would they built another water mania ride at the park.
After it’s been pointed out as a Thomas and friends attraction I really hope it isn’t this.
That will easily fit in that area with a nice themed centre piece and around the sides.
I asked staff and they said it should be open for the start of the main season on the 1st April which is just over 5 weeks away.

Went to the park today. Over the fence by James’ balloons, I think you can see the flume ride on site (only got a few glimpses as my kid span the balloon around) - definitely a lot of equipment piled up ready to go. It’s the fence between the balloon ride and the Sodor airport cafe you need to peek over.

Also the roof was going back on the carousel today.

Went to the park today. Over the fence by James’ balloons, I think you can see the flume ride on site (only got a few glimpses as my kid span the balloon around) - definitely a lot of equipment piled up ready to go. It’s the fence between the balloon ride and the Sodor airport cafe you need to peek over.

I'm thrilled that we're getting another water ride in this country, especially a good old traditional Log Flume! I'll be curious if the theme will still blend in with the existing Thomas land Theme, which is already based on the model era and the 3D era.

I'm thrilled that we're getting another water ride in this country, especially a good old traditional Log Flume! I'll be curious if the theme will still blend in with the existing Thomas land Theme, which is already based on the model era and the 3D era.
Come to think of it, when was the last time we got a traditional log flume in this country? Loudoun Castle had one installed in 2003 but then again that was second hand, anyone else know better?

Come to think of it, when was the last time we got a traditional log flume in this country? Loudoun Castle had one installed in 2003 but then again that was second hand, anyone else know better?
A very quick web search says that Twinlakes opened their log flume in either 2010 or 2011.

But we're not expecting a traditional log flume at Drayton are we? At best this is surely one of those junior flumes that seem to be everywhere these days, right?

A very quick web search says that Twinlakes opened their log flume in either 2010 or 2011.

But we're not expecting a traditional log flume at Drayton are we? At best this is surely one of those junior flumes that seem to be everywhere these days, right?
Yeah It'll most likely be a similar size to River Rafts at Chessington I'd expect.

Pardon the ease in my endless Thomas ref corner. XD
OnSitewithThomasandOtherAdventures2006DVDcover.jpg

Fantastic to hear the ride is almost ready to go! Any glimpses at what kind of parts are at the construction site?

Last edited: