• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

I’m still absolutely staggered that; 1) it hasn’t gone vertical yet and; 2) the layout hasn’t leaked. Anywhere. I can’t remember a time in recent memory where a coaster has been kept this well concealed this late in the day. It’s very impressive from Drayton. At this rate, Christmas stuff will be over and they can keep it almost entirely under wraps during its major construction phase. Swines! 🤣

I’m also dying to know what’s happening to Shockwave and the extent of the re-themeing etc.

It's really cool. There's something magical about going on a ride and not knowing what to expect but it's virtually impossible in this day and age if you have the level of interest that we do (and the lack of willpower to not investigate).

I went on The Mummy at Universal recently and other than knowing it was an indoor rollercoaster i didn't really know what to expect which i think made it all the more exciting. Even The Curse benefitted from that and encourages re-rides too but appreciate it's much easier to be secretive with a dark ride so even more kudos to Drayton.

Stumbled across this photo of DMP.
Photo is looking up towards the new coaster development site.

The cable cars were in this exact position until their removal a few years ago, what is now the station and track for the Polperro Express is also in the exact same position, they give a great frame of reference for this photo.
1000019006.jpg

Last edited:
Attraction source have shared some photos of the retheming happening to 'integrate into the new coaster area':

20231212_214012.jpg20231212_214017.jpg20231212_214107.jpg20231212_214112.jpg

Oh wow, that is a HUGE improvement. Looking forward to seeing it complete. So the wild west themed area has essentially moved to the opposite end of the park as what is now Adventure Cove was always wild west themed when it was Action Park.

Attraction source have shared some photos of the retheming happening to 'integrate into the new coaster area':
That looks fantastic! Really great to see the whole area receiving some love ahead of the new coaster installation. It also bodes well for the new coaster getting some good quality themeing too. This has been such a long overdue change to the park - it’ll make such a huge difference. Really great to see!

1702855338975.png

Judging from the footers this is my rough prediction of the layout. I'm guessing from recent track photos that the ride has a dark ride section as there are powered coaster track sections spotted. The footers highlighted in red look like a switch track, which suggests that a portion of the layout will be repeated twice. And not labelled in this image is probably some sort of launch from the station building after the preshow.

Well, those photos have done absolutely nothing to temper my excitement about this new coaster! With all the updates from Nemesis 2.0 and Hyperia and various other builds around the world, the secrecy around this is just great. It’s certainly not shaping up to be a bog standard family coaster by the looks of things. That’s a whole heap of footers! Clearing out Pirates too by the looks of things… exciting times at the Manor! I don’t care if it’s not the biggest, fastest or scariest, as one of many enthusiasts with a very fond affection for Drayton Manor, it’s just great to see this level of investment.

1702855338975.png

Judging from the footers this is my rough prediction of the layout. I'm guessing from recent track photos that the ride has a dark ride section as there are powered coaster track sections spotted. The footers highlighted in red look like a switch track, which suggests that a portion of the layout will be repeated twice. And not labelled in this image is probably some sort of launch from the station building after the preshow.

Looking at that image I think this is a bit more interesting.

What you have labelled as station looked more like two spikes. This could be enter switch, launch around the turn (labelled lift) up a spike, reverse back round the turn into the spike behind the transfer then stop and transfer back off with the brake run and station being the bigger footers labelled as “launch”.

Just a guess.

Looking at that image I think this is a bit more interesting.

What you have labelled as station looked more like two spikes. This could be enter switch, launch around the turn (labelled lift) up a spike, reverse back round the turn into the spike behind the transfer then stop and transfer back off with the brake run and station being the bigger footers labelled as “launch”.

Just a guess.
From photos of the track it appears that there is flat powered track sections, both curved and straight. I've interred from that part of the footers that it is probably some sort of dark ride section coming out of the station.

The switch track before where I've placed the station is probably where the coaster will do multiple laps of at least a portion of the layout. Where I've placed the 'launch' section I'm not entirely sure of because the footers aren't all in a straight line.

These could be spike sections, but that would make the layout really short with no room for the launch section alongside a lift. It's also entirely possible that I've not covered all of the footers in that image as there's 4 footers at what looks to be the entrance area for an entrance portal, it's entirely possible that these are also part of the track layout as the coaster doesn't appear to cross over itself at any point in the layout in my photo.

It's certainly looking probable that this ride is going to receive both forward and backward sections, but I'm not entirely sure of a spike because of the ride's proximity to Accelerator. However I could always be wrong.