• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

No, not unless one of the endings is to end up in the maintenance shed.

I have not seen a top profile of the ride recently, the latest one I've seen is this, which is from a week ago. That would make sense, but if you look to the top right of the photo, you see the footers in place for what is being called the maintenance shed, you can see a piece of uncomplete twisting and turning track just below it, heading into that direction??

It does look good though as a whole, doesn't it!
IMG_2965.jpeg

I have not seen a top profile of the ride recently, the latest one I've seen is this, which is from a week ago. That would make sense, but if you look to the top right of the photo, you see the footers in place for what is being called the maintenance shed, you can see a piece of uncomplete twisting and turning track just below it, heading into that direction??

It does look good though as a whole, doesn't it!
IMG_2965.jpeg
The line of footers in the top right of the pic are for the maintenance shed, the line of footers to the left of those are for the launch section. The 2 twisted sections below that both lead into the launch section, with the switch track just before the start of the launch for switching between them.

Yes it does look like it will be a fun ride.

The line of footers in the top right of the pic are for the maintenance shed, the line of footers to the left of those are for the launch section. The 2 twisted sections below that both lead into the launch section, with the switch track just before the start of the launch for switching between them.

Fair enough. But then it still looks like they have the switch track with 3 possible routes coming from the launch? Two are obviously routing onto the ride, the third goes into the maintenance, being I assume LSM, they could lower the speed of the launch to drive the the train into the maintenance.

Given that switch track clearly shows 2x track routes, it still looks like it could take two possible routes. Maybe it could be for a spike/ switch back. Interesting, never seen a switch track with 3 on either way, if that is what I'm looking at and It does seem that way.

Fair enough. But then it still looks like they have the switch track with 3 possible routes coming from the launch? Two are obviously routing onto the ride, the third goes into the maintenance, being I assume LSM, they could lower the speed of the launch to drive the the train into the maintenance.

Given that switch track clearly shows 2x track routes, it still looks like it could take two possible routes. Maybe it could be for a spike/ switch back. Interesting, never seen a switch track with 3 on either way, if that is what I'm looking at and It does seem that way.
Yes there are 2 track routes (3 including the maintenance shed), the one from the top of the lift-hill round to the launch. And then that lower twisted section that leads back to the switch track at the bottom of the lift-hill.

Pretty sure the launch is tyre drive, which makes it even easier to guide it into the maintenance shed.

Could the mech bay double as some sort of show scene maybe?

Could the mech bay double as some sort of show scene maybe?
Been thinking this for a while. Everyone has this nailed as a maintenance shed, but those are usually fairly close to the station - putting a train in to storage here, or using as a service shed means a fairly convoluted journey back, over some elements, to get it back to the station. Of course, the launch section and switch track could help with that, but it still seems a rather heavy handed way to handle servicing / storage for what we’re all pretty sure is a multi-train operating coaster.

I’m also still not sure the old bogs are still bogs. Some recent photos have shown large pipes coming from the windows. They’re either getting the clean of their lives, or something else is happening in there too.

I’m really beginning to believe there’s so much more to this coaster than we’ve dared to hope for a park like Drayton. At least, I really hope so. I really want them to knock it out of the park. I think they deserve it!

Can I just asks what makes you so certain this is just a maintenance shed? I am not saying your wrong but as others have also pointed out, it seems a pretty converluded way to put a maintance section of track in?

Edit. Here is an apparent No Limits 2 POV, the maintenance shed makes more sense here. The layout of this looks to be very spot on to what we are seeing on the ground.

Looks very good, especially if this is complimented with good scenery and theming.

Last edited:
Can I just asks what makes you so certain this is just a maintenance shed? I am not saying your wrong but as others have also pointed out, it seems a pretty converluded way to put a maintance section of track in?

Edit. Here is an apparent No Limits 2 POV, the maintenance shed makes more sense here. The layout of this looks to be very spot on to what we are seeing on the ground.

Looks very good, especially if this is complimented with good scenery and theming.

How on earth is that going to have a good throughput? I can't even work out when the next train would dispatch given the first one goes up the lift a second time.

Capacity will be fine for DMP, assuming the trains seat at least 20. It'll have 2 trains and should be able to send a train every 90s-2min - in all likelihood they wouldn't send them any quicker than even if they could. Capacity will be FAR higher than 1 train shockwave or g force

My concern with this is that each part of the ride looks very short - it'll presumably be quite stop-start with all the switches which could make for an underwhelming ride. Hope I'm wrong

Capacity will be fine for DMP, assuming the trains seat at least 20. It'll have 2 trains and should be able to send a train every 90s-2min - in all likelihood they wouldn't send them any quicker than even if they could. Capacity will be FAR higher than 1 train shockwave or g force

My concern with this is that each part of the ride looks very short - it'll presumably be quite stop-start with all the switches which could make for an underwhelming ride. Hope I'm wrong

The video from a track profile perspective looks correct for me. I have no issues with the switches holding things up. Intamin are pioneers with their rapid track switches, Thirteen and any swing launch for that matter such as Hagrids prove this. They have nailed the art of the track switching rapidly without holding the train up. I'm sure the same technology will be used here.

Hmmm. I'm not convinced by that video at all. Besides looking like a rubbish version of Thirteen, it's also very similar to Accelerator that it's practically overlapping and as @Skyscraper says a throughput even Chessington would hesitate on.

What we are seeing on the ground is looking almost identical to what we are seeing in the video. This includes the 3x switch tracks that we are seeing.
I would hedge my bets what we are getting will be very similar to this video.

Obviously No Limits does not convey forces or speed very well, plus there is no theming. The best indoor coasters in the world look boring and crap in No Limits when laid bare with no scenery and theming,

What we are seeing on the ground is looking almost identical to what we are seeing in the video. This includes the 3x switch tracks that we are seeing.
I would hedge my bets what we are getting will be very similar to this video.

Obviously No Limits does not convey forces or speed very well, plus there is no theming. The best indoor coasters in the world look boring and crap in No Limits when laid bare with no scenery and theming,
If that is the layout then I still can't see how it has multiple modes/different every time like Victoria Lynn has claimed.

If that is the layout then I still can't see how it has multiple modes/different every time like Victoria Lynn has claimed.
The only thing I can think of is if the "Spinning Coaster" label thrown about a few months back refers to some sort of controlled spin setting where the direction the trains are facing changes with each ride, or is possibly even voted on in a similar style to Fury at Bobbejaanland.

For instance, the trains might be facing forwards on one ride, going backwards through the reverse launch portion, but on the next, it might be facing backwards and going forwards through the reverse launch portion. Heck, we could even have an option for it to face sideways throughout the ride!

i also think the controlled spin will be a likely option, as mentioned it wouldn’t spin during the ride like a teacional spinning coaster. But could spin the trains round to face different directions. Intamin already offer and have built coasters with controlled spinning trains. Would also explain the labels on the coaster supports.