• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

Still wished they had at least given the coaster a lick of paint, looks tired in its current look and I can't believe Merlin are actually doing something better by given their rides a lick of paint of late.
I think it’s been all down to budget as the new coaster with the new area with ride re themes, Shockwave new trains and the new indoor queue, new 4D movie and Terence driving school returning wouldn’t have been cheap.

Still wished they had at least given the coaster a lick of paint, looks tired in its current look and I can't believe Merlin are actually doing something better by given their rides a lick of paint of late.

I mean in fairness, Drayton have repainted practically the whole park a couple of times over in the time it has taken Merlin to jet wash some and repaint even less of their signature rides.

It does need a repaint though, but the comparison is slightly unfair.

For reference my kids are very much looking forward to riding new shockwave. My daughter is not 1.4 so this ride will seem like a big deal and she's really excited to ride it.

I think it's going to be a great step up for kids looking for a more grown up coaster without being too extreme.

That new train looks pretty good. Can't be long until we see the ride testing. I think the rename is perfectly fine, it still at least has some reference to the original ride which is nice.

Describing it as a “family coaster” in any capacity seem to be a bit of a stretch 😂

I've never been on it but seen a few comments like this, was it a rough ride or something?

Looking forward to taking my son on it this year (and obviously it will be a different experience) but he loves intense rides so hopefully it's more that than uncomfortable.