• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

The entrance to the Haunting has been moved back to where the fake gates are.
982074AD-9E09-4BE8-87E7-690846E5E91D.png
The looping group opened up adventure cove in stages so I’m sure they know there would be more up roar if u got to the park on the 24th and Drunken Barrels, Sheriff Showdown, 4D cinema and the haunting was closed as well as the wave.

I love that they are advertising a new land opening this month which has literally ZERO new rides in it. It would have been better to wait until the new coaster is ready and then open it as a whole; but guess they need the other rides open for Easter Hols.

Wow. Are we ever happy? This is Drayton Manor. Neglected for years. That section of the park has been a disgrace for ages with no theme. They’ve repainted, rethemed and invested and all this supported by a multi-million pound flagship ride coming later this year. Yes, the teasers are a bit cheesy. But, wow. Give ‘em a break. We’ve seen other parks getting all the plaudits for jet washing some rides and cleaning mould off their stations. Think Drayton are getting an unnecessary beating here.

The area itself, judging from the teasers, looks quite good, but the font on the 'Jail' sign is awful.

Wow. Are we ever happy? This is Drayton Manor. Neglected for years. That section of the park has been a disgrace for ages with no theme. They’ve repainted, rethemed and invested and all this supported by a multi-million pound flagship ride coming later this year. Yes, the teasers are a bit cheesy. But, wow. Give ‘em a break. We’ve seen other parks getting all the plaudits for jet washing some rides and cleaning mould off their stations. Think Drayton are getting an unnecessary beating here.
The only coasters the park is opening with are Troublesome Trucks and Jörmungandr.

Just go later in the year when everythings open?

You don’t think it’s a fair point to make that the park will be opening for the season with several key rides unavailable? I’d imagine that there might be a fair few families that see those teaser videos on Drayton’s socials about a new land opening who then get a bit of a shock when they turn up at the park at the start of the season and see a bunch of coasters unavailable to ride.

Just go later in the year when everythings open?
Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 22.39.35.png
That's not the impression I'm getting from the Drayton Manor site, or their advertising. I had to dig pretty deep to find out what was actually opening on the 24th and it really isn't much more than Thomas Land and the Zoo. I'm not entirely convinced that Accelerator is going to be open either, and neither is the park, they're getting back to be about that enquiry.

The ride homepage suggests all rides will be open next week except:

- Stormforce opens April
- The Wave is coming soon
- New rollercoaster is coming soon
- New Barrels ride is coming soon

That's been updated since yesterday when it listed some rides as open now and others as open March 24th.

I love the theme of the western area and they done an excellent job on the former 50s theme building and the video they released on Wednesday was ok but yesterdays was laughable when you compare the teaser videos they did for Adventure Cove and the Vikings. Like unless you are on a theme park forum or follow Drayton Manor on social media you wouldn’t even know they had even got new trains on shockwave with a new name let alone a whole new area with the park’s biggest ride in 30 years.