• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

I love the theme of the western area and they done an excellent job on the former 50s theme building and the video they released on Wednesday was ok but yesterdays was laughable when you compare the teaser videos they did for Adventure Cove and the Vikings. Like unless you are on a theme park forum or follow Drayton Manor on social media you wouldn’t even know they had even got new trains on shockwave with a new name let alone a whole new area with the park’s biggest ride in 30 years.

The video is specifically advertising the new themed area, which opens next week, as opposed to the 2 rollercoasters which won’t be open. If they showed them then there would be an expectation that the rides will be open. I think this is probably intended to be a bit more low key and aimed at the very demographics you mention who want to go and have a look at things before a subsequent visit.

I don’t understand the point of opening a new area before the rides are open but from what people in here have said it sounds like the location means their hand was somewhat forced.

I don’t understand the point of opening a new area before the rides are open but from what people in here have said it sounds like the location means their hand was somewhat forced.
Well originally they wanted to have the coaster open for the Easter holidays but they fell behind with the coaster construction and they were 2 months behind not sure if they catch up.