• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drinks Capsules

Right now I'm feeling really glad I'm not too keen on fizzy drinks. Sounds like this is a real nightmare.

On the other hand (and in Merlin’s defence) if you think the list above by BigAl sounds limited then you should see the bottled drinks options at the two German parks I just visited:
Coke, Fanta (somtimes) or what looked like Apple Juice.
That was literally all the majority of outlets were selling. I’ve never been so happy to find some Lucozade sport.

so merlin do listen

255590_456700327694484_657195572_n.jpg

Edit by James: Fixed image link.

How tall are they? They don't strike me as being something I can put in my cup holders or slot on the side of my backpack, but I guess I'll have to wait and see. Can't say as I've seen them before. But as Ed as pointed out, the sign above them shows that they are the regular one's at just £5 per bottle.

They look alot like the new Slush capsules except these are see through, not sure I like them. They dont look very stable. I wonder if this will mean people who use the same £5 capsules all year will now have to get a new one :p

They are indeed the new slush capsules, which are great for slush, but I imagine rather naff for post-mix.

What I imagine it means (and this is speculation) is that we'll see an entirely new capsule design next year. They seem to have stopped production of the MAP capsules (evidence being that Towers no longer seem to have any), and this would suggest they've stopped production of the daily capsules (I see no other reason why they'd use the not-designed-for-this-job slush capsules) - strikes me they don't want anything left over after this season...

Unless they've just run out and are using these as an end-of-season alternative?

EDIT: got beaten to it above!

I wonder if we'll see a golden capsule for premium MAP holders with an image that changes when you look at it from a different angle, and an added carabiner clip?

OC7827-5feed.jpg

I can dream! :p

I hope the annual pass ones arnt similar, they dont look that great, ill have to have a look next time im on park. They also dont seem to have any straps like the current ones.

Just got a quick question, as my MAP capsule is broken - what do I do to get another capsule (presumably the daily one) without paying for it again for my remaining Towers visits this season?

Same here, Psychoaster. The staff at Alton just said they aren't being made any more and gave us a piece of paper with the email for complaints written on it.

Well I do have an old black one from last year which I haven't yet thrown away and which I don't think has broken (hopefully) so I'll just use that one and take the receipt for my MAP which I (hope) I kept ;)

You'd think they'd have a contingency plan for the MAP ones... Such as getting some stickers printed for the black capsules or the slush ones they're now using... Just so they can give out replacements for people who have a broken MAP capsule.

To be fair you could probably get away with just using a day capsule the whole year, the amount of people I see walking around with really old tatty looking ones with no stickers, that are clearly not new.

djtruefitt said:
To be fair you could probably get away with just using a day capsule the whole year
I do ;)

Why pay more than once when you don't need to? :p

djtruefitt said:
To be fair you could probably get away with just using a day capsule the whole year, the amount of people I see walking around with really old tatty looking ones with no stickers, that are clearly not new.

Two Seasons I've now had the same day capsule, best £6 I ever spent! (That was their price last season)

But at the same time, I don't understand why they don't just change something on the sticker halfway through the season so they can tell which ones are old ones.

djtruefitt said:
I have to say im surprised Towers/Merlin havnt cottoned on to that. They must lose so much money from it.
They'll probably just subtract the loses from the maintenance budgets budget for the parks.

Coastermaster said:

They actually look pretty good. They do look cheap, but if they are anything like the ones Haven Holidays (used to?) sell then they are very high quality and strong. Far better than the current Quenchers.

Flimsy, if tipped they'll spill, the lid falls off quickly. Plus, they hold way less than the previous ones.

Hopefully they're just temporary, because they're god awful.