• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drinks Capsules

I guess it was wishful thinking me hoping that they are the same ones that Haven use. Ah well. :p

thefatone said:
Flimsy, if tipped they'll spill, the lid falls off quickly. Plus, they hold way less than the previous ones.

Hopefully they're just temporary, because they're god awful.
Let's hope the MAP one's don't follow suit!

Why don't the people at Merlin try going around some of their parks with these capsules to find out first hand just how diabolical they are? :p

Re: Re: Drinks Capsules

BigAl said:
thefatone said:
Flimsy, if tipped they'll spill, the lid falls off quickly. Plus, they hold way less than the previous ones.

Why don't the people at Merlin try going around some of their parks with these capsules to find out first hand just how diabolical they are? :p

You'd think they'd do that, but to me, that may be beyond their logic.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

The current ones are clearly temporary.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Drinks Capsules

Jonathan said:
BigAl said:
thefatone said:

You'd think they'd do that, but to me, that may be beyond their logic.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

Perhaps the odd visit to the parks (and maybe the odd European park for comparison) from those higher up the Merlin pecking order might do them and their attractions some good? Perhaps then they'd understand for themselves what needs to be better?

AstroDan said:
The current ones are clearly temporary.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

They certainly look it!

tothetowers said:
But at the same time, I don't understand why they don't just change something on the sticker halfway through the season so they can tell which ones are old ones.
No idea whether they still do it or not, but at one point I swear Lego were writing the purchase date on the bottom of daily quenchers with permanent marker. Such a simple solution, surprised none of the other attractions cottoned on.

As an update to this thread, Merlin have indeed stopped producing the capsules, and will not be issuing any more to any parks.

I have had an issue with mine leaking everywhere since purchasing and I contacted Guest Services, who in turn directed me to the Box Office, who then told me to ring Merlin. After a long and activating phone call to Merlin, I was asked to write an email to them, which I did, & await a response.

What an absolute joke the response was. In short, I was informed that an overwhelming number of people have purchased one, & as a result have SOLD OUT. However ghe Box Office inform me that lots of people have complained about broken capsules and as a result they will NOT be making any more, so I have to make do with my broken capsule.

Merlin have told me to fill up the cup as per usual, and decant into other bottles. I did, however, indicate this is both annoying an against their T&C's as you aren't supposed to fill up bottles from a refillable container. It says so in their own rules!

I was then directed BACK to the resort Box Office, who couldn't help me there and then, however the lovely lay that dealt with my issue that day provided me with her managers email, as she was pushing for a resolution to this debacle of an issue. Apparently Guest Services should be putting the wheels in motion for a fix, however this was a few weeks back now and I'm waiting on a response to my email as promised (manager is out of office at present).

I suggest, if you have issues with leaking etc, you email your AP number and your issue/query to [email protected] & wait for their official response.

Let's hope they fix it. I've had enough of being pushed from pillar to post & it's about time someone stood up & took responsibility for the never ending issues with these cheaply, mass produced hunks of rubbish!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Islander said:
tothetowers said:
But at the same time, I don't understand why they don't just change something on the sticker halfway through the season so they can tell which ones are old ones.
No idea whether they still do it or not, but at one point I swear Lego were writing the purchase date on the bottom of daily quenchers with permanent marker. Such a simple solution, surprised none of the other attractions cottoned on.

Take a look at my Wet N' Wild capsule (far right capsule) and you'll notice a little yellow sticker on the top of it:

P1000962.jpg

They just put a different coloured sticker on them each day and write the date on them. Simple!

:)

T said:
As an update to this thread, Merlin have indeed stopped producing the capsules, and will not be issuing any more to any parks.

I have had an issue with mine leaking everywhere since purchasing and I contacted Guest Services, who in turn directed me to the Box Office, who then told me to ring Merlin. After a long and activating phone call to Merlin, I was asked to write an email to them, which I did, & await a response.

What an absolute joke the response was. In short, I was informed that an overwhelming number of people have purchased one, & as a result have SOLD OUT. However ghe Box Office inform me that lots of people have complained about broken capsules and as a result they will NOT be making any more, so I have to make do with my broken capsule.

Merlin have told me to fill up the cup as per usual, and decant into other bottles. I did, however, indicate this is both annoying an against their T&C's as you aren't supposed to fill up bottles from a refillable container. It says so in their own rules!

I was then directed BACK to the resort Box Office, who couldn't help me there and then, however the lovely lay that dealt with my issue that day provided me with her managers email, as she was pushing for a resolution to this debacle of an issue. Apparently Guest Services should be putting the wheels in motion for a fix, however this was a few weeks back now and I'm waiting on a response to my email as promised (manager is out of office at present).

I suggest, if you have issues with leaking etc, you email your AP number and your issue/query to [email protected] & wait for their official response.

Let's hope they fix it. I've had enough of being pushed from pillar to post & it's about time someone stood up & took responsibility for the never ending issues with these cheaply, mass produced hunks of rubbish!

Wonder whether they'll carry on filling the black day capsules now you can no longer buy them? It will be clear that people are bringing them back and not buying them on the day - they've made a bit of an issue for themselves there.

The Psychoaster said:
Wonder whether they'll carry on filling the black day capsules now you can no longer buy them? It will be clear that people are bringing them back and not buying them on the day - they've made a bit of an issue for themselves there.
Well, not really - if anything they've solved a problem they previously had :p

Islander said:
The Psychoaster said:

However people could do what I do and claim that their MAP capsule is broken, they can no longer get a new one and so they are using a day capsule they still had from a long time ago. Obviously in my case that's actually true, but it's a valid and inarguable excuse.

The Psychoaster said:
Islander said:
The Psychoaster said:

However people could do what I do and claim that their MAP capsule is broken, they can no longer get a new one and so they are using a day capsule they still had from a long time ago. Obviously in my case that's actually true, but it's a valid and inarguable excuse.
Unless they don't have a MAP... :p

mrbrightside said:
The Psychoaster said:
Islander said:
The Psychoaster said:

Unless they don't have a MAP... :p

Well, I didn't think of that but even so I imagine that many people who bought a MAP capsule will be in a similar situation to me due to their horrendous build quality.

None of the parks seemingly have either the normal or AP capsules anymore. It only seems to be towers which has tried with a different capsule to continue sales, as the others just say they don't have any anymore?

thefatone said:
None of the parks seemingly have either the normal or AP capsules anymore. It only seems to be towers which has tried with a different capsule to continue sales, as the others just say they don't have any anymore?
As I stated, they are no longer making them, nor will they issue any more this season.

I know, and I was just stating that the other parks no longer have any available - as obviously each place has differing stock levels. Merely pointing out that towers have offered a solution to continue selling them, whereas other parks no longer offer any sort of alternative.

Perhaps the parks could allow people with broken MAP bottles to use their own bottles for now and issue those who purchased a capsule earlier in the season with a card or something which proves (in-conjunction with showing their MAP and possibly a receipt for the old capsule) to the staff that the individual did purchase a bottle, and they can instead fill something else. Just an idea.

Further update to this;

Hi,

As I’m sure you’ve been made aware the Merlin attractions have now stopped selling the Merlin Annual Pass Quenchers therefore we no longer hold them in stock.

Due to this we are unable to issue exchanges, however we do have spare straws if that is the issue. If the issue is the cup fizzing out and you purchased it during April it could need the pressure elevating. To do this just pierce a pin size hole in the top of the cup, Quenchers issued after April already have this hole.

If something else is the issue unfortunately we cannot help you further.

That appears to be their official response to the issues with the capsules. I've been given two straws, but that's it. I haven't been informed of any alternative cup, not that I would want the temporary tall ones - they look awful and don't actually contain much drink!

Doesn't change the fact it's annoying I can't have a fix for my capsule!