• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2023] The Curse at Alton Manor

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Spiders were in the previous rendition and are a staple of haunted/creepy houses.

Not everything used in marketing means its a major part of anything. Just part of creating the general atmosphere of what the plan involves.

Think too many people these days assume too much from minimal things.

I just want it to be scarier than Duel (won’t be hard) but I want an actual scary haunted house ride, don’t care what the main “theme” is, i would just like it to actually be scary/have an atmosphere

I know this probably sounds way too abstract… but if this is to be an Emily Alton themed ride as is being suggested by some, could the baby be the doll that Emily Alton plays with in the queue line hologram?

I’m almost definitely overthinking it considerably, but it’s just a thought I had!

I know this probably sounds way too abstract… but if this is to be an Emily Alton themed ride as is being suggested by some, could the baby be the doll that Emily Alton plays with in the queue line hologram?

I’m almost definitely overthinking it considerably, but it’s just a thought I had!
I don't remember the hologram well enough to know if she's got a doll. But then the hand (unless I'm just seeing things nobody else does) holding it when it appears would make sense.

I don't remember the hologram well enough to know if she's got a doll. But then the hand (unless I'm just seeing things nobody else does) holding it when it appears would make sense.
It’s not only you; I could see the hand as well when I saw the still from Theme Park Guide!

A8D23FBC-007F-4866-9692-5BE3CFD2230E.jpegFacade all lit up this evening, accompanied by smoke effects 😍
Just wish they had lighting effects showing through the windows to show that the house was 'alive'.

Anyway, regarding the video. Is is me or does the clip with the spider seemed to be located in what looks like a ceiler or attic of the HH? Something that we haven't seen before would be quite interesting to add to the lore of the house though honestly I can't really tell what the location is unless someone can know better about it.

Just wish they had lighting effects showing through the windows to show that the house was 'alive'.

Anyway, regarding the video. Is is me or does the clip with the spider seemed to be located in what looks like a ceiler or attic of the HH? Something that we haven't seen before would be quite interesting to add to the lore of the house though honestly I can't really tell what the location is unless someone can know better about it.
With the size of the spiders shadow, it could be a dolls house from what we all know.

I think you're all missing loads of important clues here.

There's a heavy emphasis on the house being repossessed and no one living there anymore. With the average mortgage fix rate deal coming out at 6% and people facing the risk of loosing their homes, there's been some forward thinking from Towers here.

I think it'll be "Fools: Kwateng and Truss strike back".

The facade will be rethemed to look like a 3 bed semi in Birmingham. You'll journey through the house to see a giant Liz Truss jumping out at you holding a block of goats cheese with a union jack on a cocktail stick stuck on it shouting "this is a disgrace". Electric Bill will be replaced with Jacob Reese-Mogg wearing one of his infamous double breasted suits turning the electric OFF. They'll be a butchers table scene where an anamotronic Kwasi Kwateng can be seen cutting up taxes for the rich with a meat cleaver. They'll add a Dickensian "Poor House" scene where people who have lost their homes through a hike in interest rates are locked up behind bars alongside those on Universal Credit whilst being laughed at and poked with a stick by the Ghost of Margaret Thatcher.

You heard it here first folks. Certainly more realistic than speculation about cans of WD40 and a piece by piece replication of the Haunted House anyway.

I think you're all missing loads of important clues here.

There's a heavy emphasis on the house being repossessed and no one living there anymore. With the average mortgage fix rate deal coming out at 6% and people facing the risk of loosing their homes, there's been some forward thinking from Towers here.

I think it'll be "Fools: Kwateng and Truss strike back".

The facade will be rethemed to look like a 3 bed semi in Birmingham. You'll journey through the house to see a giant Liz Truss jumping out at you holding a block of goats cheese with a union jack on a cocktail stick stuck on it shouting "this is a disgrace". Electric Bill will be replaced with Jacob Reese-Mogg wearing one of his infamous double breasted suits turning the electric OFF. They'll be a butchers table scene where an anamotronic Kwasi Kwateng can be seen cutting up taxes for the rich with a meat cleaver. They'll add a Dickensian "Poor House" scene where people who have lost their homes through a hike in interest rates are locked up behind bars alongside those on Universal Credit whilst being laughed at and poked with a stick by the Ghost of Margaret Thatcher.

You heard it here first folks. Certainly more realistic than speculation about cans of WD40 and a piece by piece replication of the Haunted House anyway.
With the house been repossessed the electric company should be cutting the power soon with unpaid bills.

Anyway with the boarding around the property now I’m surprised that the main sign and that Zombie hasn’t been removed yet.
Would love for the former food outlet to be removed and a new entrance arch go up like you walking into a over growth garden area at the front of the house.

The ride was always intended to be a laff in the dark type of ride since opening day, a spooky, yet not serious themed ride. We already have a serious haunted ride at the park, Hex. So it'd be nice if they keep it's tone similar to a laff in the dark style.

It was actually a bit of both, there was an intention for the ride to scare, but it also had humour.

I think the thing is to bring the fear into the ride again you need to change it up for a more modern audience. With Wardley working on the project I can’t imagine it will be bereft of humour though.

It was actually a bit of both, there was an intention for the ride to scare, but it also had humour.

I think the thing is to bring the fear into the ride again you need to change it up for a more modern audience. With Wardley working on the project I can’t imagine it will be bereft of humour though.
Let Hope so, and that they'll hopefully have any née house inhabitants very theatrical like, instead of looking realistic.

I still firmly believe the majority of the scenes will survive, with only a few being ripped out, but the remaining scenes will have a lot of TLC done to them.

Has anyone ever thought that the video shown through the peephole was just stock from online? It's an attic where the front of the house should be, and a scary looking doll is pretty generic from how unique the original ride was, filled with unique ghouls and scenes.

Let Hope so, and that they'll hopefully have any née house inhabitants very theatrical like, instead of looking realistic.

I still firmly believe the majority of the scenes will survive, with only a few being ripped out, but the remaining scenes will have a lot of TLC done to them.

Has anyone ever thought that the video shown through the peephole was just stock from online? It's an attic where the front of the house should be, and a scary looking doll is pretty generic from how unique the original ride was, filled with unique ghouls and scenes.

Maybe they purchased the footage at an auction?

Maybe they purchased the footage at an auction?
Must've neen a hefty price for the quality of it XD

But back to it, it'd make sense for it to be made by a different company that sells them all over the country. The park did buy those screen portraits for the ride back in 2018, so I wouldn't be surprised they'd do the same here as well. It'd be a bit of a waste to make that video if it's noyl going to be behind a couple of peephole for a month and thats it.

The ride was always intended to be a laff in the dark type of ride since opening day, a spooky, yet not serious themed ride. We already have a serious haunted ride at the park, Hex. So it'd be nice if they keep it's tone similar to a laff in the dark style.
I must admit that I do like all the dark rides at Towers hiting a certain demographic but I guess them if GG is clearly aimed at kids, HH somewhere in the middle with a mix of humour and horror, Hex played straight with its theme and finally Sub Terra aimed for the older audience.

I guess this is right? Given how Merlin always seem to go for horror and scary themes for their original themes unless they are doing an IP, you'd think that Duel's overhaul should be easy for them though I agree don't make it super scary unless they decide to use a exclusive pure terriying version for Scarefest only by adding the Flume duck chasing you which I could see them doing again given how Duel has seen some different takes at Scarefest over the years like Duel:Live event...actually when was the last time that happened? Was that a one off?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.