• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Duel: The Haunted House Actually Strikes Back - Refurb Incoming

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Had my worst ever run on Duel yesterday.

It's almost impressive that it continues to find new ways of getting worse.

Still better than Tomb Blaster.

This wasn't actually a spelling mistake, this was a subtle hint to the eagle-eyed enthusiasts online. New for 2023: Dual - The Haunted House Twice Rehashed! Cleverly named over the number of dark rides actually available during your visit.

Obviously take this with a pinch of salt as they are rumours, but, John Burton and Co were supposedly seen around Duel on park this week with 'plans'.
Something must be happening, probably just some TLC though.

Personally, I'd be happy with an IP re-theme of Duel if it's done well.
Time will tell if anything happens though.
But still, destroying one of Keith Sparks last pieces if work for a Generic IP...

GG was terribly done, mostly screens, cardboard cutouts and still props. If he designed that with Walliams, I dread to think what he can do to downgrade The Haunted House.

I was really hoping that John Burton would be one of the original designers of the Attraction, along with John and Keoth. Oh how I wish I didn't know who he is now...

But still, destroying one of Keith Sparks last pieces if work for a Generic IP...

GG was terribly done, mostly screens, cardboard cutouts and still props. If he designed that with Walliams, I dread to think what he can do to downgrade The Haunted House.

I was really hoping that John Burton would be one of the original designers of the Attraction, along with John and Keoth. Oh how I wish I didn't know who he is now...
I keep forgetting he's done Jumanji at Gardaland too. I don't see much of a retheme happening soon, as John seems to has his hands tied up with the Amazon project at Chessington. However, we could be looking at loose ends in regards with John. Or, it's further down the line it will happen.
Gangsta Granny wasn't bad for it's target audience, it was a success really. However the queue line is a mess now.

I keep forgetting he's done Jumanji at Gardaland too. I don't see much of a retheme happening soon, as John seems to has his hands tied up with the Amazon project at Chessington. However, we could be looking at loose ends in regards with John. Or, it's further down the line it will happen.
Gangsta Granny wasn't bad for it's target audience, it was a success really. However the queue line is a mess now.
Jumanji at Gardaland actually looks really well done. If Duel was rethemed to a similar quality, I'd be very happy.

Well, let's just hope we see some familiar faces (preferably former Spark team mambers) around Duel soon. Wasn't John Burton also around Nemesis with John Wardley as well before the retrack was announced?

I honestly wouldn't mind an IP dark ride replacing Duel if it's a good ride. I have no issue with parks using IPs if the end result is a good, fun attraction, which it is in most cases.

I think something along the lines of Jumanji: The Adventure at Gardaland would be a great fit, personally. At very least, I think a use of that Oceaneering ride system at Towers to replace Duel would blow UK dark rides wide open!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.