• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Earworm Topic

Ben

TS Founding Member
Favourite Ride
Your Dad
Have you got a song simply stuck in your head at the moment? Just such a great song for whatever reason you've become a little bit obsessed with either on purpose or because its everywhere?

Lets share what our current music love, just the one song.
It would be ideal if you could perhaps give a youtube link to the song (obvs if available), and a nice explanation as to why its your current earworm.

Im hoping this topic won't become just a spate of youtube clips, but a nice reflective topic on reasons why a song has hit you.

I'm going to post a reply below, showing kind of what I want - but as ever, music is very subjective so feel free to go abstract and make it personal to you.

Ok my first entry is:

Artist: No Doubt
Song: Undone

Youtube:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=851RaxMmvK0[/youtube]
Not a full video, just a small snippet, but the full song is on itunes for 99p.

Earworm - why?
I've always had a lot of love for Gwen Steffani (one of the few women who could turn me), and while her solo efforts werent always brilliant she did some epic ballads and now back where she belongs fronting No Doubt (a band I went through my decisive late teen years with) its an absolute stunner to find a No Doubt ballad capturing her vocals so well.

Personal?
Yeah quite alot at the moment.
Im sure a few people are aware Ive (finally!) qualified as a medical health professional and didnt end up where Id planned, infact gone quite against the curve and gone somewhere completely new and different. The lyrics of 'dont leave me behind' feel so true at the moment, while Ive left I certainly have a hankering at present Ive been left by my old employer and work mates. Its abit melancholy but very much how I feel embarking on something very new.

Also worth a mention is their rather under the radar come back single, 'settle down', which I also found a great motivator as I prepared to leave my old job. Sometime a band is just on spot with how you feel that moment in life, and No Doubt for me have got me again, the last time I discovered that was when I was 18 some many moons ago, sat on a caribbean island taking every word to heart. I think Im back with them now. [/color]

Had this in my head on and off since going on the CoP at MK in August. It's an annoyingly catchy yet meaningful song that brings back the memories :)

I think the catchyness might come from the fact that there is only one chorus and it's just repeated over and over on the actual attraction. However if you actually listen to the lyrics it really is a musical documentation of Walt Disney's take on life - "Man has a dream, and that's the start/He follows his dream, with mind and heart" - really inspiring when you're actually there and see what he created, all from his dream of wanting people to escape from reality.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZq35oee0lI[/youtube]

I have a soft spot fot CoP - such a random ride with a great soundtrack. Without making this a disney music topic I few months ago I suddenly fell in love with the Star Tunnel: Space Mountain music - but thats for another time.

Nope, this is completely different to the 'What are you listening to?' topic. As Ben stated in his first post: "Im hoping this topic won't become just a spate of youtube clips, but a nice reflective topic on reasons why a song has hit you." - So the aim of the topic is simply for it not to be a bunch of YouTube clips with short comments such as 'I like this song'. This is a topic with a bit more depth if you like. It's an earworm topic, not a 'oh I just heard this on the radio' topic. :)

I really like this song at the moment, 'Milk Man' by Aphex Twin, from his Boy/Girl EP.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqTKOq8DmWU[/youtube]

I like the simplicity of the lyrics.

"Oh Mr Milkman won't deliver my milk... in the morning.

Oh Mr Milkman won't deliver my milk... when I'm yawning.

I would like some miiiiiiilk... from... the milkman's wife's tits"

etc.