• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

East Coaster Trip

Alastair

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Rise of the Resistance
So...a few of us have been tentatively discussing the possibility of an East Coast trip next year (still early days though). I know that a group on here did that trip a couple of year ago - @AstroDan @Dan @John - so I wondered whether anyone could give some advice on possible routes, timing of trip, overall cost etc.

At this point we're not sure of whether to try and do most of the big parks in one trip (ie. Cedar Point, Kings Dominion, SFGA, Hershey etc) or split it and do one next year and one the year after.

Appreciate any advice at all though! :)

I have a USA East Coast trip mapped out on my laptop at home, I shall post a link to it for you later. It manages to include Dollywood also which looks like an amazing park but is somewhat awkward to get to.

In 2011 I did New York, Six Flags Great Adventure, Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Kings Dominion. Whatever you do theme park wise though I highly recommend spending four or fives day in New York. It is a stunning city with so much to see and do! You will not regret it.

I would also recommend doing as much as you can whilst out there as flights are the most expensive thing.

:)

I'm looking at this for next year too. First two weeks of August, east coast parks, then Florida 3rd and 4th... Damn its going to be EPIC if it happens :), but darn expensive! :(

I really don't advise doing the whole of the East Coast and then Florida in one go...! Are you insane?

You'd be better off doing a handful of the parks nearer Florida than all of it otherwise your mileage will be days.

Here is my trip idea if you want to have a play around with routes.

It includes New York (you can get the bus to Six Flags Great Adventure for the day from here), Kings Dominion, BGW, Dollywood, Kings Island, Kennywood, Hershey Park and Dorney Park. You could potentially fit Carowinds in before Dollywood also if you didn't mind extending the trip.

I didn't include Cedar Point as it's a bit out of the way if you do Dollywood as well. Also Cedar Point is 'easily' done in a separate trip along with Six Flags Great America and Canada's Wonderland.

Hope that helps in some way!

I did a big trip last summer with a few guys off here and our route went:

ARRIVE
NYC (2 days) incl. evening at Coney Island
Six Flags Great Adventure (1 day)
Lake Compounce (1 day)
Six Flags New England (1 day) -> long drive to Washington DC
Washington DC (1 day)
Busch Gardens Williamsburg (2 day)
Kings Dominion (1 day)
Long drive to Ohio via Skyline Drive / Shenandoah National Park (1 day)
Cedar Point (2 days)
Kennywood (1 day)
Hersheypark (1 day)
Knoebels (1 day)
Dorney Park (1 day)
Six Flags Great Adventure (1 day)
HOME

I highly recommend it. Cedar Point is a must.

Looks like a fantastic schedule actually, any idea of about how much it cost? :)

I think my total spends for the trip (the one Astro posted) was about £3200!

This included £300+ on fastracks alone, which while not a complete must at someplaces, were an ABSOLUTE must for Cedar Point and Great Adventure.

Here is my trip idea if you want to have a play around with routes.

It includes New York (you can get the bus to Six Flags Great Adventure for the day from here), Kings Dominion, BGW, Dollywood, Kings Island, Kennywood, Hershey Park and Dorney Park. You could potentially fit Carowinds in before Dollywood also if you didn't mind extending the trip.

I didn't include Cedar Point as it's a bit out of the way if you do Dollywood as well. Also Cedar Point is 'easily' done in a separate trip along with Six Flags Great America and Canada's Wonderland.

Hope that helps in some way!

This is a great round trip actually. Subbing Cedar Point for Dollywood seems a fair tradeoff - I think we all know which we'd rather do of those two! I

Then if you wanted to do Cedar Point in a different trip some other time here is my idea for a trip involving Six Flags Great America, Cedar Point and Canada's Wonderland.