• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Efteling: General Discussion

The dark section is amazing, and the whole queueline and station. The rest less so, especially the long drag back into the station. It does however look very impressive off ride.

Some cracking investments in the dutch parks in the next few years then with Fenix this year and RMC robin hood in 2019.

So despite this actually not being announced or confirmed yet to be a coaster RCDB have added Efteling's 2020 attraction. The write up includes some 'humour' as well it seems...

https://rcdb.com/16123.htm
Good old RCDB. I remember when they said that Octonauts was going to set a length record and be within 3 feet of setting a height record.

Interesting to see that they've added this, though, as I'm not sure if Efteling themselves ever confirmed that it was a coaster, with only Looopings reporting that.

Given a few years ago no one would've expected Efteling to build a B&M and for it to actually work all bets are off until they announce it...

I look forward to another YouTube series though...

Efteling attracted a record number of visitors last year. 2017 saw 5.2 million people visit.
This means Efteling's target of 5 million visitors by 2020 has been reached 3 years earlier than anticipated.

Overview:
2014: 4.4 million
2015: 4.68 million (+ 6.3%) - Baron 1898 and Holiday village Bosrijk added.
2016: 4.76 million (+ 1.7%)
2017: 5.2 million (+ 9.2%) - Symbolica and Loonsche Land accommodation added.

Symbolica, Baron and all the new accomodation certainly did the trick.
The park's next target aims for them to attract 6 to 7 million visitors by 2030. To achieve this goal, they will continue to expand their accommodation offerings in the coming years and new attractions will be added.

http://eftelingsestraat.nl/efteling-nieuws/record-aantal-bezoekers-efteling/

Baron and Symbolica are both rides id really like to experience. It's no wonder attendance has sored.

Where does that put Efteling on the most visited parks in Europe list? Must be right below Disney and Europa?

Python has completed its first tests! I assume they're still committed to a 31st March opening, they've got plenty of time barring any ridiculous complications

I still don't understand why they didn't get Vekoma to build the track, seems like such an odd decision, particularly given how much money Efteling are spending these days.

Vekoma are fully booked up, and they have also discontinued the old track style.
Perhaps they couldn't do the project in the timescale Efteling wanted, but surely they're still building MK-1200 track. They're still selling & building Boomerangs, after all.

Perhaps they couldn't do the project in the timescale Efteling wanted, but surely they're still building MK-1200 track. They're still selling & building Boomerangs, after all.
Not anymore. The old Boomerangs and SLCs have been discontinued. There are new gen. models in the works though utilsing the new track design.

Not anymore. The old Boomerangs and SLCs have been discontinued. There are new gen. models in the works though utilsing the new track design.
Are the two currently under construction in China the last ones (Boomerangs)? Regardless, they have still been manufacturing the track whilst this project has been ongoing.

Fans of Efteling will be pleased to know that the park as won the THEA award for "Outstanding Achievement" for their new dark ride, Symbolica! :)
DaWjs95XUAAyNWH

Can anyone help out a first time visitor to Efteling?

We are visiting in May staying onsite and have two full days to experience the park - just after any tips or absolute must do’s from seasoned visitors?

Unfortunately Joris appears to be closed when we are visiting but everything else is scheduled to open. Also we haven’t booked or decided on any evening meals so if anyone has recommendations that would be really helpful. Thanks!

Can anyone help out a first time visitor to Efteling?

We are visiting in May staying onsite and have two full days to experience the park - just after any tips or absolute must do’s from seasoned visitors?

Unfortunately Joris appears to be closed when we are visiting but everything else is scheduled to open. Also we haven’t booked or decided on any evening meals so if anyone has recommendations that would be really helpful. Thanks!
I am also visiting for the first time in May with @JAMMYD778 so I'm glad you had the thought to post this otherwise I wouldn't have thought about it. :p