• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Efteling: General Discussion

I'm sad, because I will never have the opportunity to ride it, but twin family coasters sounds like fun! I've only been on Avalanche at Blackpool, how does that compare to other bobsled coasters? I thought it was fun, but not really worth re-riding

I've only been on Avalanche at Blackpool, how does that compare to other bobsled coasters? I thought it was fun, but not really worth re-riding

I found it a lot more fun and re-ride-able compared to the Blackpool one. The only down side was the put through was poor, so unless you got on it first thing in the morning, it soon built up big queues

The rides reopening on Thursday so I missed it by a week. Was down when I visited in 2017 as well.

Looks like a great replacement ride though.

The Bob will be no more after September 2019, as it's been announced by Looopings that a Mack Rides double family runway called Max & Moritz will take its place for the 2020 season! Efteling will get more specific with details later on, but theme is apparently based off a (very popular) 1865 German story by Wilhelm Busch about two mischievous boys.

091018maxx1.jpg

In other Efteling news, Sprooksjebos is getting its 30th fairy tale in the form of the Six Swans. It'll go between the present Cinderella and Snow White sections with its own little boat ride and is said to be opening in autumn 2019. From Waalwijk Nieuws.

Efteling-artist-impression-De-zes-Zwanen-logo-715x408.jpg

I saw something last week that they are also getting a new talking tree between Little Match Girl and the Emperors New Clothes. Guests will be able to interact with it using the Efteling app to get a personalized response from the Tree. If you could select a language for the response, I think that would certainly be a neat addition for international guests.

I saw something last week that they are also getting a new talking tree between Little Match Girl and the Emperors New Clothes. Guests will be able to interact with it using the Efteling app to get a personalized response from the Tree. If you could select a language for the response, I think that would certainly be a neat addition for international guests.

Ohhhh I saw them mention this on Instagram yesterday, that's cool stuff... Just thought it was a generic creepy tree that spoke strange Dutch at people...

I am not suprised. The capacity of the ride is inadequate for a park with crowds like those at Efteling. It's a pity, as it's unique and special - but also - a new attraction gives them the chance to add another highly themed experience to the park.

If only Python could bite the bullet.

Makes sense given Bob seemed to be testing constantly last week.

The work at the hotel seemed to have started, with the turning circle at the front entrance being ripped up. Not sure exactly what the changes will be, but the hotel does need an update to bring it in line with its pricing bracket. The reception area has parts which feel like 1980s Benidorm. It needs a full overhaul.

I'm hoping to visit this park for the first ever time over the coming years. May wait for 2021 and the huge new expansion though. My lad will be 7 that year so may be big enough for all the rides by then. If he's anything like me (I'm 6ft 5) he'll be 1.4m by time he's 7. I was.

My family and I are thinking of visiting The Efteling next spring. Does anyone know if they sell 2 day tickets or would we have to purchase the tickets separately? Thanks :)

Last edited:
Their website didn’t show anything more than a single day ticket when we went. I have a feeling they do multi day tickets on the gate, but I’m not sure.

We tried to research an annual pass before we went and couldn’t find anything. The conclusion we reached was that there wasn’t one, but then we found it advertised on park.

It’s probably worth an email to the park to ask. I suspect that the website won’t give you the full story.

I’ve considered that option, but 3 nights and 2 days would be the ideal option for us. All of Efteling’s hotel packages (and most other parks too) are based around more days than nights. This wouldn’t suit us as we’d prefer designated travel days before and after our theme park days. This is how we did Europa Park last year.

There is also the issue of price, although it seems much more reasonable than EP...

I stayed here last week

https://guesthousehotel.nl/en/

Room was pretty big with a double that could be pulled apart, bunk beds, and another pull out bed. Included continental breakfast. Was a 5 minute walk from the park. Was just over €200 for the room for two nights (I went through booking.com so it might be better direct)

I stayed here last week

https://guesthousehotel.nl/en/

Room was pretty big with a double that could be pulled apart, bunk beds, and another pull out bed. Included continental breakfast. Was a 5 minute walk from the park. Was just over €200 for the room for two nights (I went through booking.com so it might be better direct)

Thank you for this recommendation. I’ve added it to my vast collection of Efteling-related bookmarks.

There’s some decent options on airBnB, but the only hotel in The Netherlands with 6 person beds is quite the attractive USP!

Just back from the first of two days at Efteling.

Shocked at how good Joris is, particularly the blue side. There's some really good airtime moments throughout. Finished the day with 6 consecutive rides in the dark without leaving our seats!

Last edited:
I definitely think Joris is one of the better GCIs. Better than the Troy for me, which I found to be pretty overrated. The duelling definitely adds something.

I definitely think Joris is one of the better GCIs. Better than the Troy for me, which I found to be pretty overrated. The duelling definitely adds something.
I've only done 3, but I would rank them...

1. Joris
2. Wodan
3. Wicker

Wodan lacks the airtime but it's by far the most wild and intense. Wickerman is great, reridable and fun. Joris offers the full package imo.

Joris is great, must've done it close to 20 times in October (a fantastic group ert, and a few more right before park close)
The duelling aspect is fantastic, love the bits were they go over and under each other. The station music is great, the winning poll that reveals the winner, and the banners that drop in the station just add to the experience.

However for GCIs I've been on I'd go;

Wodan
Troy
Joris
Wicker Man

Hardly a bad list though as their all excellent experiences.