• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Efteling: General Discussion

For anyone that has flown in to Eindhoven, what were the public transport links like for getting to Efteling (and also Toverland)?
Can only speak for getting to and from Efteling but we thought it was great! Very reasonably priced too I think it cost about 40ish euros for the 4 of us (2a 2c) each way. If I remember rightly it was a bus, train then another bus that drops you off a short walk away from the park or hotel. Took about an hour and a half but was really easy to navigate. We used the 9292 app to plan our route.

Although not from Eindhoven I recently visited using public transport- It was all super easy. I came to Efteling from Brussels- really easy via train to Tilburg station, (cost £15 for the train ticket and £8 ish for a return Efteling bus ticket) from the train station the bus to Efteling is just outside, which took about 15 mins to the park.

It’s also really easy from Amsterdam, about 40 mins on the train then the bus to the park. Next time I visit in a few years I would tie up with a few days city break in Amsterdam and then a few days at Efteling.

Having a quick look, it appears to be a train from Eindhoven Centraal to Horst-Sevenum and a bus to the park

Having a quick look, it appears to be a train from Eindhoven Centraal to Horst-Sevenum and a bus to the park
Yep that’s what we did. We were the only people on the bus apart from a member of staff, and the driver of course.

It’s worth noting you can get a cheap FlixBus from Eindhoven to Leverkusen and then a train to Bruhl if you fancy tying in Phantasialand.

Word of warning on the Toverland buses: when I tried to use them a couple of years ago the timetable on the Toverland website was completely wrong and we ended up waiting at Horst-Sevenum for ages.

The 9292 app is really useful for Dutch transport though.

I'm off to Eftieling and Walibi Holland next week for the first time! I'm manchester based so am trying out the hull to rotterdam ferry. I've driven a hire car in germany (one hour from basel to europapark and back haha), but this will be my first time doing a the other side of the road in my own car. Will report back 👍

Baron was briefly closed after guests pointed out a crack in a support. The park however have reopened the ride saying it is still safe to operate.
Efteling briefly shut down roller coaster Baron 1898 on Sunday for an inspection. Concerned visitors pointed out to Efteling employees a crack in a support plate of the construction. To be on the safe side, technicians were called in to assess the situation.

In the meantime, the dive coaster stood still for a moment. An Efteling spokesperson confirmed this to Looopings. It turned out to be something harmless, he says. "There is a small crack, but it is completely safe to keep the attraction open. Safety obviously remains our top priority."

The spokesperson emphasizes that Baron 1898 is inspected daily. The condition of the track is closely monitored. In recent months, the rollercoaster has been out of use several times for extended periods: first due to planned maintenance, then due to technical problems.
Source

Fury, Black Mamba, and now Baron... not a great B&M year

The first parts of the Danse Macabre ride system have been installed:

In other news, it appears that the one of the building companies for the Efteling Grand Hotel is suffering from financial difficulties. There has been very little work on the construction side in recent months.

Driving home past Salford Precinct tonight and the bus in front of me had a big Efteling advert on the back of it (same as the one posted earlier). So maybe they’re really expanding the advertising push.

Does anyone know what's happening with the new Efteling Grand Hotel? I'm here at the moment and it doesn't like there's been any work on the site for months.

Does anyone know what's happening with the new Efteling Grand Hotel? I'm here at the moment and it doesn't like there's been any work on the site for months.

I'm sure I read something about the contracted construction company going into administration... I'm sure that could be causing a few delays. Hopefully they're still on track for 2024 as we are planning to visit next year.

I'm sure I read something about the contracted construction company going into administration... I'm sure that could be causing a few delays. Hopefully they're still on track for 2024 as we are planning to visit next year.
It's currently just a big square of dirt so if it did I can't see it being till December

Its a prefabricated hotel, the build time onsite should be quite quick , but as discussed the builder went bust i think the company has now been saved though,