• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Efteling: General Discussion

There was a fire in the Raveleijn show arena this morning. No injuries, and fortunately the fire seems to have been brought under control, but some pretty dramatic photos and video have been released. Wouldn't be surprised if the show is put on hold temporarily while the damage is repaired and the incident investigated.

We were on park yesterday, some of our friends were in that showing. It looks dramatic but the next show ran pretty much as usual just 2 hours later and we saw the afternoon show.

Raveleijn was on fire again today. Not even 2 weeks after the last accidental fire.

From: https://twitter.com/looopings/status/1667929788516818950?s=20

I saw this too - it does seem really odd that after the last fire they didn't close the show to investigate the root cause - that's what I assumed was going to happen and what would definitely have happened in this country (it likely wouldn't have reopened even by now!). Granted it's been very dry lately but they really shouldn't be having this many issues with the fire effects - even if the damage is contained it's really not a good look for a family-focused show and people will start to question if it's safe for spectators.

Ruud Bos - who composed the iconic music to Dreamflight, Fata Morgana and Villa Volta - has died:

Arrived onsite for first time visit to Efteling this afternoon. Staying 3 nights on-site, watched the Caro theatre show tonight as for resort guests it’s a special price or €12.50 (normal price €26) what an amazing quality show at a theme park. The large theatre was nearly full. Well worth the money. Didn’t spend long in the park after, just grabbed some food and a quick wonder, very impressed so far.

Wish we had a UK park like these top European parks! Also was really easy using the train to get here from Brussels, then the bus from Tilburg train station to the park.

Arrived onsite for first time visit to Efteling this afternoon. Staying 3 nights on-site, watched the Caro theatre show tonight as for resort guests it’s a special price or €12.50 (normal price €26) what an amazing quality show at a theme park. The large theatre was nearly full. Well worth the money. Didn’t spend long in the park after, just grabbed some food and a quick wonder, very impressed so far.

Wish we had a UK park like these top European parks! Also was really easy using the train to get here from Brussels, then the bus from Tilburg train station to the park.

Enjoy! We’ve just come back from our second visit, and it was even more magical than our first. Such friendly staff, amazing ops, a great balance of rides, and such a high standard of upkeep. What a place!

The only negative was that Halve Maen was shut all week for what seems to be unscheduled maintenance (and still seems to be). It’s our son’s favourite ride, but several rides on the rapids quickly made up for it!

I left today and got train to phantasialand. it was fantastic (will prob do a trip report! and was so much better than expected, was a shame about halve Maen I did see it testing Friday but it still was closed yesterday. I will definitely be back.

De Vliegende Hollander was a definite highlight for me.

Agreed Caro is soo good, was a little unsure about paying extra for a show but especially at the "resort guest" price it seems well worth it.

We did 4 nights, 5 days on park earlier in the year in the year and we could have happily done more, its just a lovely place to be, I've always loved DLP but for a trip with the family especially it was just soo much more relaxing a place to be.

Halve Maen has been having major issues this year though, its probably spent more time down than up but at least they do seem to actively be trying to get it back up and running.

20230829_180353.jpg

Chelmsford bus station right now. Quite suprising to see this, didn't know they were advertising in th UK. You'd think the likes of Europa or Astrix would be more likely. Don't think I've ever seem anything other than DLRP here.
I have seen Efteling advertised before, although mainly in print form rather than on a bus , I understand it is one of the most visited European parks outside of DLP (and Port Aventura) for UK guests,

20230829_180353.jpg

Chelmsford bus station right now. Quite suprising to see this, didn't know they were advertising in th UK. You'd think the likes of Europa or Astrix would be more likely. Don't think I've ever seem anything other than DLRP here.

I guess maybe they are advertising in this part of Essex due to the direct route (with Ryanair) from Stansted to Eindhoven? It’s definitely not a park that I’d have expected to see advertised in the UK though!

I guess maybe they are advertising in this part of Essex due to the direct route (with Ryanair) from Stansted to Eindhoven? It’s definitely not a park that I’d have expected to see advertised in the UK though!
No I think if it's Chelmsford it's the proximity to Harwich and the Harwich -- Hook of Holland ferry link, it works really well for getting to Efteling and is probably the cheapest travel option for a family. I don't think that many people fly to Efteling from the UK unless they live really far north.

I guess the multiple transport options from around here answers the question of why the advert is on my local bus, I'd never really thought about it before and i have now, so it seems the advertising works!