• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Efteling: General Discussion

I found the site ‘An Englishman’s Guide to Efteling’ you can get written translations to the Symbolica and Villa Volta pre-shows. I followed along with them when I visited last October and this made me realise that they were even weirder than I would have ever known otherwise.
He did bad thing and now his house spins.

I guess goats aren’t tat popular anymore

Pirana is getting some test runs and waterfall checks done and the refreshed artwork on the station building is looking decent. Though there's plenty left to be cleared off the site and I really hope they do something better with the cattle pen queue line before the ride re-opens on June 28th.

Ah glad this will be open for our visit! Which reminds me, how wet do you typically get on this and more importantly The Flying Dutchman? I think my son will love the latter being both a dark ride and a rollercoaster but if he gets unexpectedly soaked that might be off-putting.

Ah glad this will be open for our visit! Which reminds me, how wet do you typically get on this and more importantly The Flying Dutchman? I think my son will love the latter being both a dark ride and a rollercoaster but if he gets unexpectedly soaked that might be off-putting.
Flying Dutchman is usually fairly dry, we went during last May's heatwave at got a spray at most.

Pirana on the other hand you often got "standard rapids" wet but part of this refurbishment is new water effects so no one will be able to answer that at the moment.

Speaking of getting soaked, we ended up taking swim shorts and towels on park with us as my kids (6 & 8) LOVED the water play area near Vogel Rok which is worth keeping in mind.

I really hope they do something better with the cattle pen queue line before the ride re-opens on June 28th.
Is there any ride at Efteling that isn't just a cattle pen? Although they have some nice preshows, and Flying Dutchman has one nice queue room, everything else is just outdoor cattle pens (I guess some have a cover). Overall, I think Efteling queues are quite disappointing for the quality of the park.

Is there any ride at Efteling that isn't just a cattle pen? Although they have some nice preshows, and Flying Dutchman has one nice queue room, everything else is just outdoor cattle pens (I guess some have a cover). Overall, I think Efteling queues are quite disappointing for the quality of the park.

:laughing: yes, good point! And yes, I totally agree on the disappointing queue line designs for what's supposed to be a whimsical, magical themed experience.

:laughing: yes, good point! And yes, I totally agree on the disappointing queue line designs for what's supposed to be a whimsical, magical themed experience.
Droomvlucht and Carnaval Festival are pretty basic, cant remember any others being too bad though?

And it seems to be something the park is very aware of:

Has anyone stayed in the Bosrijk village? It says they have cooking facilities, just wondering if this is a full hob and oven set up?

Has anyone stayed in the Bosrijk village? It says they have cooking facilities, just wondering if this is a full hob and oven set up?
Have only stayed in Loonsche Land village but the cooking facilities there are fairly basic, just a hob and a combi-microwave thing that supposedly does oven cooking too but doesn't crisp anything :sweatsmile:

Biggest omission for us was that there is no toaster, apparently the combi could "grill" but it was soo slow I usually did it in a frying pan.

Is Efteling the kind of park where you can be reactive to queue times?

For example, at present most of the rides in the Baron area are 40 minutes whereas Vogel Rok and Carnival are 5 minutes. How long is the walk on average from say the entrance to Vogel Rok which seems to be the furthest point? Is it similar to perhaps AT entrance to Thirteen?