• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Efteling: General Discussion

Efteling are posting a lot of Dance Macabre updates on their socials at the moment for a ride that isn't due to open for another 3 months, i wonder if there will be an earlier soft opening?

Or maybe they're just better at social media than most other parks i follow.

In relation to the above post, Making-of: Danse ep. 6 is now available on YT:

We get to see the ride and choir stalls installation, and learn each stall section seats 18 people and overall have a 108 person capacity per ride. Also, bats! 🦇

And I'm very happy for Jeroen Verheij (aka O.J. Punctuel), the lead designer. It must be so surreal, as he says, to be standing within his own drawings.

In relation to the above post, Making-of: Danse ep. 6 is now available on YT:

We get to see the ride and choir stalls installation, and learn each stall section seats 18 people and overall have a 108 person capacity per ride. Also, bats! 🦇

And I'm very happy for Jeroen Verheij (aka O.J. Punctuel), the lead designer. It must be so surreal, as he says, to be standing within his own drawings.

The capacity for this ride seems impressive, and the number of people per ride is more than even Vekoma Madhouses.
Everything about this ride still looks superb. The choir stalls themselves look brilliant.

Hey all,

I’m looking to book on the 8th December 2024, I’ve looked on the closed rides section, but I don’t see any of the water rides does this mean they are open during this time? Thanks

Depends when they update it really.

I think since both Dutchman & Pirana went through refuebs they had an aim of having them open over Winter as part of it. But I may have also completely made that up.

I asked previously about a supermarket within walking distance. I'm just looking at Google Maps trying to figure this out.

We'll arrive at Bosrijk which is on the south side of the park.

The town and shops appear to be on the north side? So logically the best route would be from the north of the park but is there an exit that side? Can we get out from near Vogel Rok and the hotel?

If so i'm thinking we'd arrive and drop our stuff off, go into the park for a bit and work our way up, go to the shop then work our way back across again (assuming we are free to enter and exit at will and can bring shopping in).

All the official park maps seem to be rotated 90 degrees to what the park actually is...

Taxi from the airport so don't think a supermarket stop will be viable.

If it's not too tricky with your kids, I'd get dropped off at the bus terminus (which I think may well be the taxi spot, too), then walk to the nearby Albert Heijn supermarket. Alternatively, just go straight to Bosjrik and walk from there, circumnavigating the car park. Should take twenty minutes or so.

There's a little supermarket at Bosrijk by the reception/restaurant which is a bit less faffy.

Yeah saw that, do you know if they sell bacon perchance? It's one of the few things my son will eat. Breakfast is included but you have to book a time which doesn't tend to work with us so can chance it on the day but would be good to know we have something for him in reserve.

If it's not too tricky with your kids, I'd get dropped off at the bus terminus (which I think may well be the taxi spot, too), then walk to the nearby Albert Heijn supermarket. Alternatively, just go straight to Bosjrik and walk from there, circumnavigating the car park. Should take twenty minutes or so.

We'd have suitcases though so need to drop them first, it's most likely going to be me venturing out quickly to grab a few bits.

On the plus side, if i can walk across the park to do it i can go via Baron :D