• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Elmwood Lake Adventure Park (Cleanup & Carry On Hopefully) - 29th Sept

JAMMY_Jaunts

TS Member
Hey everyone, basically carrying on from here: http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/rct-and-nolimits/rct3-elmwood-lake-adventure-park-(your-views-6th-nov)/

Hello everyone,

The closed season at the park has been very quiet, maybe a little too quiet. Anyway, I popped down to the park on opening day last weekend to check out their brand new investment. It was boiling hot and very busy for a March day in England so I was glad that the new ride was a log flume called Woodland Falls. It is an Intamin Ride Trade flume ride and has one large-ish drop. The rest of the course meanders through the lovely woods that make up the park. It is situated on the hill above the Gold Rush wild mouse coaster and you can get great views over the second secluded lake now. Anyway onto the photos.

The stonework entrance arch to the new mini plaza where the ride is situated.

Shot0005.jpg

The queue was bursting out of the queue line entrance at just 15 minutes after opening. That's probably due to the combination of hot weather and it being a new ride. Also, the extended queue line was stupidly closed until about midday. ::)

Shot0008.jpg

The station is rather simplistic but it gets the job done and again, sticks with the rustic country feel present throughout the park.

Shot0010.jpg

You can just see the Gold Rush coaster to the left as you climb the 40-50ft lift hill on Woodland Falls.

Shot0015.jpg

A moderate soaking awaits each boat at the bottom of the drop. Plus, the heavier the boat, the bigger the splash. Trust me to get a full boat.

Shot0017.jpg

Overall, a solid addition to the park in my opinion. There could have been more to it I suppose but for such a small park, I think it does the job and I hope for bigger and better things in the future.

Until next time
Harry

------------

Please comment on the park's progress and provide suggestions as I appreciate them and they help me to further develop and transform this park.

JAMMYD778

Re: Elmwood Lake Adventure Park (WOODLAND FALLS) - 24th July

Yay! Fantastic to see this lovely park crop up again! I really, really like the entrance you've made for Woodland Falls, and the ride looks generally great too! My only slight imperfection of a beautifully crafted ride is that the terrain might want to be differently 'coloured' for want of a better word. The pre-set green looks a little unrealistic - but aside from that, spot on.

I honestly love the small-park feel of this and the realism you employ is great. Can't wait to see more. :)

Re: Elmwood Lake Adventure Park (WOODLAND FALLS) - 24th July

NastyPasty: Thank you for the very kind words and regarding the terrain colours, I agree and am in the process of altering areas. Thanks for the feedback.

Hello again followers,

I recently had time to pop along to the park with the family for another visit and the new Woodland Falls attraction has really increased the number of visitors in these summer months in my opinion. The only problem is that it seems that a few of the boats for the ride are undergoing maintenance causing for some hefty queues.

The start of a scorching hot day here in sunny ol' England (for now anyway).

Shot0000.jpg

I love how serene the lake looks.

Shot0024.jpg

Gold Rush with Woodland Falls up on the hill in the background.

Shot0022.jpg

The other rides are still attracting large queues as well though.

Shot0021.jpg

Woodland Falls through the trees.

Shot0025.jpg

Still attracting the visitors.

Shot0004.jpg

That's it from this visit. Although, in other news, I spotted some tree felling taking place down near the shore of the secondary lake. Could just be routine maintenance though.

See You Soon
Harry

------------

Please comment on the park's progress and provide suggestions as I appreciate them and they help me to further develop and transform this park.

JAMMYD778

Re: Elmwood Lake Adventure Park (A VERY HOT VISIT) - 1st Aug

Yes! I was wondering if I was going to see this park again. The log flume looks great and is something every park needs. In terms of other rides, I'd love to see a dark ride. ;)

BowMan: Thank you and I'm glad you like it.

Hey everybody,

Firstly may I just say, hasn't this year gone quickly. It's already been a year since I last update you and well I can't believe that frankly. Anyway, last season was very successful at the park and by the looks of it, the park were raking in the money. My guess would be due to the extortionate prices of other similar attractions around the area. I really feel the park is great value for money. Anyway, it turns out as some people had guessed that the park had made a two ride deal with Intamin Ride Trade as this year, the park installed an Intamin Pirate Ship attraction that bears the name 'Castaway Clipper'. It is quite a large version of pirate ship and provides an unusually thrilling ride experience. Plus, the placement of the ride is superb as it is perched on the edge of the second more secluded lake so just adds to the experience more. Also, just like last year, the crowds have grown and most notably for me, the queue times are rising. Not good for me, but I suppose good for the park.

The car park gets busier with every visit:

Shot0000.jpg

The new path to the ride and new plaza:

Shot0004.jpg

Also built was this little plaza which offers tables and chairs, also offering views over the secondary lake:

Shot0005.jpg

Finally, the ride down by the lake:

Shot0006.jpg

Shot0007.jpg

That's all for the photos this time.

Oooh. Something of interest to note. I've been hearing from reliable sources at the park lately that the park is applying to acquire a large loan for a big investment. Now, I'm not one to listen to rumours too closely but if this is true, we might be in for something special. Fingers crossed.

Bye
Harry

------------

JAMMYD778

Absolutely loving the park :) Keep it up.

After over a year of this file being corrupted and unplayable, and since discovering Joeywp's superb Park Cleanup tool, Elmwood Lake is back with a new area. For now a teaser while I get back into the swing of things. Updates may not be as often as before but hopefully will actually happen.

Hello everybody,

It's Harry here and I am pleased to say that development and investment at Elmwood is once again evident. The park did not add or change anything last season however today, one month before the new season begins, the park released a photo which looks to show some new rides and a new area. It seems that they were saving up for a big investment. I just feel however that the wildlife area of the park is being slightly neglected with much of the focus being on the amusement area.

Anyway here's the photo. See you soon for the new season.

Shot0001_zps50949d70.png

Bye,
Harry.

------------

JAMMYD778