• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Emerald Park (Formerly Tayto Park), Dublin: General Discussion

It's sad time when a small park in Ireland that no-one had even heard of a few years ago is making better investments than most UK parks. That hotel looks fantastic! It will be interesting to see what the rooms are like, will they be plastered in vinyls I wonder!?

:)

I think the comparison can be made to Alton Towers 20-25 years ago. The wooden coaster is Tayto's Nemesis (or maybe mine train & haunted house), a big investment that starts to get them notice and then a few years later they add a hotel.
Unfortunately 25 years later Alton Towers is already well known name and doesn't need to do get people talking about the park in the same way they did 25 years ago.

pT0OJkr.jpg
y7xMReE.jpg
9gtkhif.jpg

I think the comparison can be made to Alton Towers 20-25 years ago. The wooden coaster is Tayto's Nemesis (or maybe mine train & haunted house), a big investment that starts to get them notice and then a few years later they add a hotel.
Unfortunately 25 years later Alton Towers is already well known name and doesn't need to do get people talking about the park in the same way they did 25 years ago.
@jon81uk nail on the head as ever

I don't think the nail has been it on the head at all, my point was not about the need to make a statement with new additions and more in the apparent difference in the quality of additions. This log flume that Tayto are getting hardly looks overly exciting yet the quality of the themed environment is far superior to anything else that has been done in the UK in recent years; Paultons have probably come the closest.

Alton Towers clearly are still making big investments to get noticed. The Smiler, SW8, CBeebies Land and associated hotel. Their whole marketing strategy revolves around making unique investments that gets the public talking, far more so than Tayto!

It is not just Tayto. Look at much smaller parks than Alton Towers in Europe; Plopsa, Hansa, Toverland - the overall quality of their themed products is superior. You're not telling me that Alton Towers cannot afford to pay for such theming? (I admit they probably couldn't if they did it all with Merlin Studios mind). Either they think the public do no care for such theming (strange seeing as parks in all other countries think differently and us Brits love to flock to Florida) or they cannot be bothered as they don't believe the return on their investment will be any bigger.

:)

I have to say, i like the fact that there are seat belts; not many log flume-style rides have them!

Last edited:
Reactions: pj
Not quite as punchy as the Intamin equivalent. All feels a bit Stormforce 10.