• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Emerald Park (Formerly Tayto Park), Dublin: General Discussion

I went to Emerald Park for the first time last week and the place has some minor differences. The main things I noticed are the signs for every ride have improved and have a slight theme to them. I also noticed two quite well done raptor animatronics and the park looks a lot more vibrant. There is also the two new Zamperla flat rides which are a good addition for the kids.

The main talking point however is the two new Vekomas arriving at the park next year, from Cu Chulainn you get a good overview of the entire construction site, which seems to be progressing well with a lot of footers in place and the concrete walls are in place for the dips through the ground. I thought I also saw foundation work for the taper which the boomerang goes through. On the second lift hill on Viking Voyage there is a good view of the station for the STC, which is a semi built castle at the moment and is looking well themed. The track and supports are also staged and you can see it from the right of Cu Chulainn's lift hill. Both share grey supports and one coaster is a navy colour and one is maroon.

Last edited by a moderator:
The blue one is also the Spirit layout, the best of the family boomerangs in my experience (Saven and Light Explorers were both decent)

Haha, but this is designed by Vekoma rides it only looks so big because of the concepts scale. But they the red one will be 32m tall and 90kmph so pretty intense still.

I think the Vekoma STC will be a pretty decent coaster. This article says that it will be 104ft tall and 2,460ft long so it’s a little bigger and longer than Hals-Uber-Kopf at Tripsdrill which was the first STC.

The Vekoma Family Boomerang will be 82ft tall, 1,476ft long, and reach speeds of 60kmph, and that the new area is going cover an area equivalent to twice the size of Croke Park and Jora Vision will be working on the project.

76808A93-CAC7-45B2-9439-8A9ABFFB6544.jpegTir na nóg officially confirmed for spring 2024 includes the coasters we knew of and a waveswinger but also many retail and food options. It will be fully themed.
I really hope that the theming will live up to the concept art.

The STC is looking awful pretty; I’m very excited to get on it next year. Will be particularly interested to see how it compares to Hals-über-Kopf too as it’s looking to be a real step up in terms of layout.

Plus another family boomerang with the “good” layout is appreciated - Light Explorers at Energylandia is a decent ride and having it weaved in with the STC should provide for a really fun experience.