• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Endore - NEW 2012 Style McDonalds!

gavguitarhero

TS Member
The new style McDonalds for 2012

Walls, Windows, Doors, Drive-Through Booths, Leather Stools, Kitchen Backdrop, Drive-Through Road, Paving, 2 Styles of interior wall. EVERYTHING DETAILED!

Took me all day, like 15 hours, taking into account of eating times and cigarette breaks, testing and corrections.

Check it out. It even has Chip & Pin :p and cash register screens. (y)

Going to do this one a little bit different. As i don't receive much feedback on my CSO's i don't have a clue of you guys like them or not. So for this one, I will upload the set if i receive enough interest/requests for it.

Enjoy!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

This looks like a very useful set for any park. :)

The amount of detail here looks really good and for you to keep on releasing sets in really impresive. :)

Don't worry about not recieving much feedback because there isn't a big RCT3 fanbase on this forum. If you want more feedback then show them on Shyguy's world as well as here, because that is a good RCT forum. :)

Now this looks like a great and very useful set and I would certainly be interested in using it.

If you haven't already, you should make a thread to showcase all your products over at RCTLounge or Shyguy's World. Their RCT community is much more vast than ours, albeit, they can be quite rude at times. However, there is a large portion of people on both websites, and this RCT community included, who would be interested and can also offer you feedback on your other sets.

Danny said:
Their RCT community is much more vast than ours, albeit, they can be quite rude at times.

That's very true so do continue to keep posting here if you don't feel open to criticism just yet!

On a side note, your sets really are improving dramatically! I would suggest putting all your creations inside one thread, but aside from that, this is your best design yet. Keep it up. :)

Thanks alot guys! :)

With this set i also made the counter as a food stall, However, I pulled it out of the release because it failed in tests even though i set all the data correctly witch is a shame because i would have loved to have had a counter where peeps could buy food from and had it possible for peeps to sit on the seats and stools.

Anyways, here it is - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52342878/Endore ... %20Set.zip

I'm also experimenting with lighting. I'm trying to get some sort of directed light thing going on so i can make neon tubes that light up obviously when its dark. However i am just getting radial lighting at the moment. I would also like to do a few animated CSO's, i learnt how to but the whole process of creating like 28 frames even just for a basic rotation, hiding all other models apart from the one in that frame, doing that for every frame. It just seems like a long, daunting, messy job. I might tackle it one day.

That looks nothing short of amazing. The level of detail puts recent theming efforts in UK parks to shame! Congratulations!

It looks good. Personally I don't intend on building a McDonalds so don’t have a lot of use for it but it is a nice set.

However having looked at your previous models I have found an issue that you'll want to change in all future sets. This is hard to explain so just bare with the long post:

I recall you saying that you designed the objects in SketchUp? If so you need to know that when you use the circle tool it creates a curve which is made up of 24 straight lines to give the appearance of a curve. That number is good for creating realistic circles but as soon as you extrude the object it creates 48 polygons all the way around the circle plus another 24 at the top and bottom to complete the cylinder. This is fine for an object that is just a cylinder but looking at those chairs I can guess they have several 1000 polygons each.

You've probably noticed when importing the pieces that it has given a warning that the number of polygons far exceed 500 (the standard limit for any multiple use objects). Too many polygons means the computer will struggle to render the objects, making the object unusable in a park with other attractions.

The way to fix it is to break down a circle when you create it in SketchUp. When you use the tool you can zoom in and notice the 24 lines which make up the circumference. Draw lines between some of the corners to cut it down to 12 lines, 8 lines or even 6 depending on how large the circle is. It'll make the object look less curved but it'll save the computer.

Cutting down on the number of polygons is the real trick of making good custom content. There are loads of other tricks like the one I’ve mentioned above, most of which you’ll discover as you try new things.

Looks absolutely brill!

No use for me (prefer in house eateries) but if I build an amusement park instead of a theme park one day these will be damn useful!