• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Enterprise Site

All website updates for removed attractions were done in good time last year. Duel was gone next day.

Enterprise is still on-site as well, it doesn’t take from Nov 21-Jan 23 to remove one completely. If it was going to happen it would have been done and dusted (looking at the nemesis progress).
Yes, because it was being remarketed. They wanted the change it to the Property Repossessed page. Rides that are actually removed altogether usually end up staying on the website until right before the first season they aren’t operational starts. I’ll happily be wrong, but this has happened numerous times in the past.

Yes, because it was being remarketed. They wanted the change it to the Property Repossessed page. Rides that are actually removed altogether usually end up staying on the website until right before the first season they aren’t operational starts. I’ll happily be wrong, but this has happened numerous times in the past.
In the past…. We’ve seen a dramatic shift in Alton’s marketing strategy and website maintenance. I don’t think we can apply that logic here.

Anyway, regardless of the website and what I think of it, I actually would like it to return. It’s a fun ride, needed for capacity and is an extra ride that myself and I’m sure a fair few others would go on. What I want to happen to different to what I think will happen, however. The first buyout days are in just over 5 weeks so if X Sector is open (which it wasn’t last time) I’d imagine we might get a closer look.

I vaguely remember when Enterprise was brought in at Thorpe Park after the fire as a temp, only to have stayed permanently and been renamed as Zodiac. It lasted until the end of the 2005 season and for 2006 they brought in the current ride. I remember seeing a pic of the old one packed away and leaving the park - I think it was destined for the scrapyard.

I vaguely remember when Enterprise was brought in at Thorpe Park after the fire as a temp, only to have stayed permanently and been renamed as Zodiac. It lasted until the end of the 2005 season and for 2006 they brought in the current ride. I remember seeing a pic of the old one packed away and leaving the park - I think it was destined for the scrapyard.

Many of the Zodiac gondolas were sent up to Alton Towers, presumably for parts for Enterprise.

36AEC303-CAC2-401D-8639-802F28F7347B.jpeg

More pictures here.

Didn't the Huss Enterprise that ended up at Thorpe Park permanently come from Drayton Manor? (It was called Cyclone at Drayton)

The locals forced Drayton Manor to remove there enterprise as the noise from the guests which resulted in that poster going on Pandemonium’s asking you not to scream.
I did think Thorpe Parks original was closed cause of the accident but that was in 2001 and it operated for another 4 years. It was painted and themed very well but none of that theming ended up going on the replacement.
I do think Enterprise’s are good as with the low height restrictions lets younger guests go on a ride that goes up side down.

The Squadding Quads YouTube channel seems to have done another (as yet unreleased) video today and is teasing that something has happened with this. It's either been removed, or put back together completely, but I'm not sure which it is yet.

The Squadding Quads YouTube channel seems to have done another (as yet unreleased) video today and is teasing that something has happened with this. It's either been removed, or put back together completely, but I'm not sure which it is yet.
Would they need a crane to put the cars back on? I'm not sure they would.

The locals forced Drayton Manor to remove there enterprise as the noise from the guests which resulted in that poster going on Pandemonium’s asking you not to scream.
I did think Thorpe Parks original was closed cause of the accident but that was in 2001 and it operated for another 4 years. It was painted and themed very well but none of that theming ended up going on the replacement.
I do think Enterprise’s are good as with the low height restrictions lets younger guests go on a ride that goes up side down.
Thorpe’s original model drawn in was very old and only a temporary which then became permanent. After the accident, and winter checks, its time was up.

It's been at the park for 38 years and open for a vast majority of that time. Bit bizarre to complain about a lack of maintenance and repair.

Don't understand their logic. Other parks maintain and repair rides like this and Wave Swinger. It's a decent family ride and a change from a rollercoaster.
The thing is that Merlin don't really care about rides and attractions that weren't made by then, there are exceptions of course. The only non S Tier Ride they didn't make I think they partly promoted was Colossus's 20th anniversary. They could've don't a whole event at X-Sector, celebrating the Smilers 10th Anniversary, and Oblivions 25th anniversary. There's clearly a bit of bias in terms of Their own products and specific types of rides from the higher ups that I think the Parks staff and creative can't control unfortunately, and it's clearly effecting the park badly. Screw the Retro Squad, THEME THE FLAT RIDES TO THEIR AREAS, ITS SO EASY!!!! Permanent Flat rides would be greatly welcomed, as long as their themed to the areas they're in.
shrek-like-thats-ever-gonna-happen.gif